Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

anti-inflamatory foods
Posted by: markfi ()
Date: April 26, 2008 12:09PM

Can anybody give reccomendations for the best anti-inflammatory foods or raw supplements? Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: anti-inflamatory foods
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: April 26, 2008 12:11PM

from most to least:

leaves
solid green nonleafy vegetables
other nonstarchy vegetables
nonsweet nonfatty fruit
sweet nonfatty fruit
raw nuts, seeds, fatty fruit
starchy vegetables

White and red teas are good, too.

Posted by: musicbebe ()
Date: April 26, 2008 12:12PM

Pineapple!!!!

I know it best for relieving my severe menstrual cramps (search this forum for the thread I wrote on that)

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 26, 2008 12:37PM

It is suggested that the compounds in hot peppers are anti-inflammatory. There are fruits such as pineapple (mentioned above) and papaya that contain special enzymes that help break down excess proteins. It is my personal opinion that joint problems and inflammation are caused by the intake of excess denatured proteins that cannot be sufficiently broken down....and compromised immune & digestive systems.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: April 26, 2008 12:51PM

markfi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can anybody give reccomendations for the best
> anti-inflammatory foods or raw supplements? Thank
> you.

thank your for your recommendation - when you say leaves - do you mean green leafy vegetables?

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: April 26, 2008 03:09PM

Mango, papaya, blueberry as well as pineapple(mentioned) to name a few.
Avoid citrus, nuts.
Also, some foods may cause troubles in some but not others, no set rules there.
I'd avoid supplements in this area for sure. Potential to cause more trouble than they are worth. What they appear to help now, usually starts to build unseen issues for the future elsewhere. It all ends up being somewhat individual and a matter of trial and error.

Date: April 26, 2008 06:42PM

tanawana Wrote:
> Mango, papaya, blueberry as well as
> pineapple(mentioned) to name a few.
> Avoid citrus, nuts.
> Also, some foods may cause troubles in some but
> not others, no set rules there.
> I'd avoid supplements in this area for sure.
> Potential to cause more trouble than they are
> worth. What they appear to help now, usually
> starts to build unseen issues for the future
> elsewhere. It all ends up being somewhat
> individual and a matter of trial and error.

I was thinking more along the lines of flaxseed (as far as suplements) or any other "superfoods". But I have also seen MSM recommended - I guess you would say no to that?

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: April 26, 2008 07:21PM

I guess what are you looking to get through supplements and superfoods that you can't get through everyday eating first?? Are you experiencing discomfort where you need inflammatory food choices?? If you feel it can help, I see no problem. For myself, I see no value in these things and tend to focus on food I can eat readily on an everyday basis as my choices first. I viewed supplements more as vitamins and typical health food store products also.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: April 26, 2008 07:36PM

I was having trouble with joint pain (inflammation) in my elbows that was interfering with my weight lifting and I added in more natural oils in the form of daily eating of avocado, young coconut, and flax seeds. This has solved the problem for me and I am once again lifting weights comfortably. Also you could look at the Shiitake Mushroom "Medicinal use" and see if that might look useful: [en.wikipedia.org]

Date: April 27, 2008 11:15AM

tanawana Wrote:
> I guess what are you looking to get through
> supplements and superfoods that you can't get
> through everyday eating first?? Are you
> experiencing discomfort where you need
> inflammatory food choices?? If you feel it can
> help, I see no problem. For myself, I see no value
> in these things and tend to focus on food I can
> eat readily on an everyday basis as my choices
> first. I viewed supplements more as vitamins and
> typical health food store products also.

I was just very unhealthy for many years and hence I have inflamation in my back, hips and other places. I would much rather do it naturally than to take a pill. so first and foremost I am looking for regular foods and superfoods.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: April 27, 2008 04:25PM

Try an alkalizing bath, add in to plain bath water 2 Cups or more of Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar..must say it has "The Mother" in it. Soak as long as you can, then soak some more. Rinse off with cool to as cool as you can get for some minutes, then use some warmer water to warm back up if you want. See how you feel the next day.

Foods are different for everyone depending on their bodies ph. Try reading and researching some info. on alkalizing. I am enjoying AskMorelessPH Forum at curezone.org recently and have been incorporating some of his alkalizing protocols..they go along well with the raw foods diet..there is a drink, and recipes for different alkalizing baths and food baths/soaks and hands of course too. There is a guy named Sapoty that has a website and he has a chart that is really cool for downloading, small fee..but I did it a few years ago and now I appreciate it even more as it's based on PH principles of eating raw.

I did the acv bath last night and I feel very good. I have been doing the drink starting just a few days ago, and using the acv in it and I can feel the acid build-up leaving my body..I've been stiff too, and during the winter ate a lower % of raw as I'm used to. Sure does show up in adverse symptoms..ones I recognize now long before they get really bad as they got before I ever knew about raw foods.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: April 27, 2008 04:27PM

Cherries

Posted by: Geoffrey ()
Date: May 02, 2008 08:23PM

Fresh pineapple are anti-inflammatory, but be sure to eat the core as it is the most powerful part. It's is a bit bitter the first time, but rather easy to get used to.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables