Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw foods and menopouse
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 01, 2008 02:59AM

have any of you (women) gone thru menopause while being on raw foods? im pretty sure im going thru this right now .. due to a early 30's hystorectomy etc etc.. i was told to expect it but honestly i feel like im going out of my mind.

im still 100% raw (now almost 2 years) mostly 70%, 15%, 15% for the most part

hot flashes cant sleep irritable .. no cravings in fact i really dont want to eat at all ..nothing appeals to me anymore ..eating feels mechanical and just for sustinance ...

*sigh* im feeling so high and low all the time i dont know wether im coming or going lol smiling smiley

bryan, anyone ? have any websites to point me too to deal with this? smiling smiley

i hve hot flushes all night worse then the day .. hot and cold an hot an cold
irratible, mood swings, crying for no reason
cant sleep
want sex ..dont want sex .. want sex
feel totallly tired , dreading something , aprehensive
cant concentrate
cant rememember things
itchcy crawly skin
aching sore joints
heartburn and indigestin no matter what i do or dont eat
my ears are ringing all the time and everytime i get up i feel wooshing in my ears or head

i wanted to add that ive never ever taken birth control so detoxing these thigns isnt even an issues (as a numbe of people have suggested to me)

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2008 03:11AM by Jgunn.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw foods and menopouse
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 01, 2008 03:24AM

just to clarify .. bryan and davidZ and any other male who has some input, i know yer not a woman i just thought maybe you might have some insight or hve crossed some websites dealing with this tongue sticking out smiley

honestly i fell like ive been losing my marbles the last 6 months im really not myself ..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2008 03:25AM by Jgunn.

Posted by: hyldemoer ()
Date: May 01, 2008 04:35AM

Jgunn Wrote:
> due to a early 30's hystorectomy etc etc.

Hi Jodi,
You didn't mention why you had the hysterectomy but the energetic etiology of what necessitated that surgery might still be in play now.

If I were in your position I'd consult an acupuncturist. In addition to acupuncture and/or Asian therapeutic bodywork (Tui na or some other tradition of acupressure) I'd request dietary suggestions and exercise suggestions.

Your list of health discomforts read like a textbook of symptoms taught to be addressed by Traditional Chinese Medicine, but one size doesn't fit all.
Similar symptoms can be caused by a multitude of etiologies and an in person assessment is a requirement to determine what exactly is going on in your particular case.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 02, 2008 03:14AM

>itchcy crawly skin
>aching sore joints

I think your diet is very anti-inflammatory and about as good as it gets, but you could experiment with more essential fat for a short while to see if it helps with these symptoms. I would try to aim for an omega-6: omega-3 ratio of about 2:1, maybe add 2 tbsp of ground flax and a handful of walnuts. If that doesn't help you might try those algae-based DHA supplements also and maybe add an avocado half or so per day.

Posted by: purenkind ()
Date: May 02, 2008 03:35AM

I've been having some hot flashes at night. It's really weird. It's like clockwork. At around 2am, give or take a few minutes, I wake up sweating. Then I have a hard time getting back to sleep. This has been going on for about a month. The only other symptom I seem to have is a definite loss of some of my short term memory. I'm wondering what I could do to help that out.

I heard from my raw friend who went through this that drinking sun tea made with red clover blossoms and raspberry leaves really helped her.

I'm trying it myself smiling smiley

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: May 02, 2008 02:35PM

Jodi, I am menopausal I felt real good when I was 100%raw. I am not sure what to say to help you but I hope you start feeling better. I think the clover and raspberry is a wonderful idea. I am going to try that myself. One thing I was wondering though, how much deep green food are you eating? What is your diet and what is the cooked foods. I am finding the bread is not so good for me and I think I am alergic or something because I have noticed a great mood change in me because of eating some cooked foods. I felt the best and most level in personality when I was eating all raw foods. I too feel the crazies and oftain have severe negative thoughts and am finding it is due to eating the cooked foods. I hope you start feeling better

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: May 02, 2008 03:13PM

The fear and self-doubt really start creeping in if I eat something cooked (other than steamed veggies/potato). I definitely know how that feels!

Posted by: sunshineTX ()
Date: May 02, 2008 10:18PM

I've heard/read that Evening Primrose Oil helps some women. You might check into that.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: May 04, 2008 06:02AM

I'm going through it, and if I take evening primrose oil, black cohosh, gingko, ginsing and a progesterone cream (not chemical) I sail through my cycle. If I don't, woe to those around me because I'm such a raving bitch I can't even stand myself!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables