Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

cabbage and brussel sprouts questions
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 01, 2008 08:44AM

hey guys, hope all is well in your lives right now. Question- when I eat brussel sprouts and cabbage, my mouth starts to burn. Does anyone know why, have you had this happen, should I stay away or will it go away once I'm used to it. Looking on nutrion sites, it doesn't mention it(or at least the ones I looked at). Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks, and have a swell day.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: cabbage and brussel sprouts questions
Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: May 01, 2008 11:23AM

If it does that to you, I would suggest that you stop eating it and try different kinds of greens.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: May 01, 2008 01:10PM

Both can naturally cause that, especially closer to the root of the plant picked when eaten. Sometimes you just have to try another batch of em'.

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: May 02, 2008 02:00AM

How do you eat brussell sprouts raw? Just pop em in and eat? Or do you marinate them in something? Season them? Huh - just wondering because I used to be a HUGE b.sprout eater (cooked) and would love to try them raw. Just never thought about it!

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: May 02, 2008 01:42PM

Sure, just eat them as is. You may want to avoid the bottom part usually. Depends on your tastes, some people need seasoning some don't. Depends where you are at in your raw food journey.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables