Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Food build up on teeth
Posted by: veganathlete ()
Date: May 02, 2008 04:24AM

Okay my sister (been 100% raw for a week) asked me to ask you all this question.

Whenever she started eating more raw, food caked on her teeth. I realized the same thing with going raw and my mom who is transitioning also realizes it. If they eat the junk food then it doesnt happen. We all brush our teeth constantly but it is as if raw foods stick or adheres to the teeth - kind of weird.

Just wondering if any of you guys have experienced this...are we deficient in some nutrient that we were getting before raw?

Thanks smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Food build up on teeth
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 02, 2008 10:19AM

This MAY be less of a case of raw food 'sticking' to the teeth, as a detox symptom. When one eats healthy, the body starts to throw off a lot of substances.....and this might include deposits on the teeth....which food particles (raw or otherwise) might stick to. Just a thought.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: May 02, 2008 11:13AM

I think the reverse is true for me! Bread and goopy foods like pasta tend to stick more to my teeth than salad-y type stuff, fruit, veg etc.

If you don't already floss, it's worth doing. I'd rather floss my teeth than brush my teeth. But, most people don't floss correctly. You can book an appointment with your dentist/hygienist to ask them to show you how do it right. It's so effective!

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: May 02, 2008 12:40PM

The reverse is true for me also. I have significantly cleaner teeth now.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: May 02, 2008 02:26PM

The mornings I wake up with a TON of crust on my teeth, I usually have the fuzzy white tongue, and want to sleep more.

This happened constantly during my first month.

Sometimes eating fruit (like apples) feels like it gets my mouth cleaner than brushing--I think it has something to do with the water content of food. It feels nice. =) (Please note I never skip brushing! tongue sticking out smiley )

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: May 02, 2008 02:39PM

One thing I would do is swoosh sunflower or seasame seed oil for about 20 minutes. My gums felt real clean as well as my teeth, in fact my teeth became extreemly white from the oil. I don't know why but it really made my mouth feel clean. I find my mouth feeling worse when eating cooked foods than from eating all raw.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables