Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

freeze dried fruit?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 03, 2008 04:05PM

I know that cooked fruit is "out" but what about freeze dried fruit?
I am interested in freeze dried acai berry.
Also is this acai berry the miracle fruit that the media is saying?
Thanks for the input
beth

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: freeze dried fruit?
Posted by: uma ()
Date: May 04, 2008 04:02AM

I enjoy freeze-dried durian. It doesn't feel harder on me than dried fruit but obviously it's not optimal.. a treat. Someone on another board said they did some googling and found that freeze-drying is less damaging to food than dehydrating. Just hearsay though.
Uma

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: May 04, 2008 04:19AM

Why not eat fruit fresh before it has been damaged by processing ?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 04, 2008 01:40PM

Thank you all for your input about freeze dried foods.
After more research on freeze dried fruit I read that freeze dried fruit is first frozen before being freeze dried. If this is the case I will not eat freeze dried fruit....too much processing something must get destroyed!

EZ Rider, you ask why not eat the fresh fruit before it has been damamged by freeze drying?
I do eat all my fruit and fruit juices fruit fresh but I can not find fresh acai berries here in Columbus, Ohio. Going to Whole foods today to see if I can get frozen acai berries. Reason I want acai berries is because I read where their protein is similar to an egg....meaning complete protein which I need to get from my fruit.
And banana seems to be the only fruit that has all the 8 essential amino acids (complete protein) in it and I am allergic to them.
So I am looking for another source of fruit which has all 8 essential amino acids.
Beth

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: May 04, 2008 03:11PM

I've tried Freeze Dried fruit, but it just didn't taste right. Dried Fruit is much better. I love Hunza Apricots in Fruit Smoothies. Fresh Fruit, naturally, is Best of all, but it's so difficult to get consistent Good Quality. Then it goes Bad before you can eat it. I always end up eating more Bananas than I want......WY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables