Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Nori - soaked?
Posted by: RawKitty ()
Date: May 04, 2008 05:44PM

It never occured to me that one might soak nori sheets....I bought some that is labeled raw and it is super super chewy/tough. Ones I had in the past were not so chewy and probably not really raw. So, what's the scoop, should I soak the sheet first or would it fall apart? smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nori - soaked?
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: May 04, 2008 08:32PM

I just ordered 50-sheets of Nori. I've been using a variety of Sea
Vegetables in Green Smoothies. The Jury is still out, as I'm not
sure if I'll continue. I soak them prior, but they're still salty.....WY

[www.seaveg.com]

Posted by: RawKitty ()
Date: May 05, 2008 12:03AM

interesting. I might try soaking one and see how it is. Unsoaked, my wraps are rather like rawhide chews smiling smiley

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: May 05, 2008 10:10AM

Umm - I would like some help with this too. I tried making a wrap with raw nori and the family fell about with laughter - it was a little difficult to eat (note the english understatement!).

How do other people make nori wraps - I'm tempted not to bother as I'm not sure I like the taste but feel I 'ought' to.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: May 05, 2008 03:05PM

When I used to go to budhist meetings, the Japanese ladies would either be making wraps with nori sheets, or would bring all kinds of traditional foods including different rolls with the nori. Most of the time they as far as I could see they always had a layer of sticky rice so it probably did make the nori more pliable due to dampness. You might try spritzing with water while it lays flat and waiting for 5-10 minutes then wrap your veggies. Or try some marinated/fermented veggies and let the wrap soak up the dampness from those items for a bit.

Try looking up some traditional ways the Japanses utilize the nori sheets..you might find some good tips in cooked recipes for your raw wraps.

Cilantro's has an online website and some of their recipes..try them too.

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables