Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Lequip Mini Juicer / Omega 8003/8005
Posted by: Soraya ()
Date: May 06, 2008 07:44PM

I would be very interested to know anyone's experience with either of these juicers.

Have been raw for about 6 -7 months, now, and didn't care much for buying a juicer before - I also had / have limitations on what I wish to spend spend on equipment and knew that buying every "toy" out there was not necessary. Thankfully I had my old and trusty Vitamix from 1996 which still purrs like a kitten, and I haven't seen the need to purchase anything else...

However there are many greens that I do not care to eat, but would probably be more apt to have in a juice form. I used to LOVE green smoothies and would have two or three a day but can no longer stomach them. I think I'd use the juicer for carrots (and maybe a few other veggies) and greens exclusively.

Tell me what you think, and thanks for your input!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lequip Mini Juicer / Omega 8003/8005
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: May 06, 2008 09:50PM

I'd use the L'Equip Mini for Celery and Carrot Juices and the Omega 8003 for juicing Greens. A better choice for the L'Equip Mini (and more money) would be the Omega 4000. The single-auger 8003 (or 8005 in Black) will do it all, but not as well with Celery and Carrots. Then again there are always the twin-gear Enthusiasts here, and they're Right too......WY
P.S. The Best choice would be to juice the Celery and Carrots, and have the Greens in Smoothies.
As always....IMHO.

Re: Lequip Mini Juicer / Omega 8003/8005
Posted by: Soraya ()
Date: May 07, 2008 12:18AM

Thanks for the advice, Wheatgrass Yogi!

The day I try celery juice, pigs will start flying winking smiley

Well...who knows..maybe I'll be adventurous one day...Celery is one of the few veggies I've hated since childhood!

I'd definitely juice carrots, beets and the like, though. And the only way I could handle green smoothies would be to include a sweet vegetable juice (like carrot), as I can't stomache the greens/fruit mix any longer. I'd prefer having the greens in smoothies as I love getting all that fiber...

Right now I only want to get one machine - can't do two at this time, and the Omega 4000 is a tad pricey - so the Mini's looking really good right now!

So, if I understand correctly, the Mini is good for carrots and similar veggies? How about fruit - apples, mainly? And can you (guys) share your best recipes so I can grab a few ideas? Thanks again!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables