Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Juicing VS. Blending Everything???
Posted by: alwaysbelieve1 ()
Date: May 25, 2008 07:18PM

This(or a version of this) is what I make every morning and I have a question about it:

Super Breakfast Smoothie:
1. 1.5-2 cups of water(do not add juice due to the sugar or milk due to the calories)
2. 1 tblspn of Barlean's or Udo's Choice Flaxseed Oil(sold at Whole Foods or Sprout's)
3. 1/2 stalk of Kale or Chard
4. A very, very small handful of Baby Spinach
5. 1/4 of a Grapefruit or Orange(due to the sugars be sure to not put more than advised, but this makes the shake taste great!)
6. 1 serving of Udo's Choice: Wholesome Fast Food (powder with a whole lot of organic greens, enzymes, phytonutrients, and more)

Blend very, very well for about 1 minute to make everything into fine pieces. This drink will keep your blood sugar low in the morning which in turn keeps insulin levels low. When insulin is high- like right after eating sugary or high glycemic index carbs- you store fat.

MY QUESTION IS THIS: I never juice because I would like to get the fruit/veggie in it's entirety. I thought that by blending the entire produce together and then drinking it(because it's faster and easier than wasting time to sit and eat) one would get the entire health benefit such as nutrients AND fiber. My thinking on simply juicing would seem to neglect the fiber portion due to the bulk or pulp being left out. If nature intended us to merely drink the juice then that's the form it would grow in; however I fell the produce should be eaten or kept(even if blended) in its whole(every aspect of it) state. That's what my belief of the concept was.
1. If I blend will the produce become degraded or oxidized due to the metal blades?
2. If I do blend everything together will I miss out on any benefit because the fiber is finely ground or will the molecules still serve their purpose?

I'm really confused to what I should do. I eat according to the Warrior Diet and so during the day I "Undereat" to turn on the Sympathetic Nervous System(SNS) and "Overeat" at night to turn on the Parasympathetic Nervous System(PSNS). I have experienced phenomenal results over the past 4 or 5 months since I have switched to this lifestyle, but only want the best.

I meshed the thinking behind the 3 books: In Defense of Food(by Michael Pollan), The Warrior Diet(by Ori Hofmekler), and The Anti-Estrogenic Diet(by Ori Hofmekler). I really love their philosophies and so far feel incredible since eating better. I have never had a weight problem or even health problem as I have always kept myself in superb shape and done my best to always eat well, but this is the best I have ever felt. I only desire to continue this and continue to improve. That is the exact reason why I am posting here. I seek advice and good information to help me progress my journey of a healthy lifestyle.

Thanks,

Bob Garon

P.S. For more about how I eat I have a blog here: [bobgarontraining.blogspot.com]

Hard Work Always Equals Results.

[www.arizonakettlebelltraining.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Juicing VS. Blending Everything???
Posted by: blake1970 ()
Date: May 26, 2008 02:43AM

I recently bought a 20 amperage blender that I couldn't use and now sending it back and getting a 15 amperage blender that fits my electric socket. I do agree that blending is better than juicing. Rawswammy.com is where I first heard about blending. I originally was going to buy a juicer but they talked me out of it.
I used to own a Juiceman juicer and rarely used it.

Re: Juicing VS. Blending Everything???
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: May 26, 2008 05:00AM

blake1970 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I recently bought a 20 amperage blender that I
> couldn't use and now sending it back and getting a
> 15 amperage blender that fits my electric socket.
Let us know how you like your 15AMP blender.
I assume it's a Blendtec SpaceSaver15. Am I right?......WY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables