Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Cost of juice fast/feast?
Posted by: Itzdavey ()
Date: June 27, 2008 08:18PM

Anybody have any numbers?

I really would like to do a juice feast right now to help with kicking caffeine and possibly help with GERD.

I should really cut back with the fruits and do more vegetables I think because of acidity. The only problem is that vegetables are less "juicy" and you need to buy more of them to make a juice. That translates to more cost. ugh

-DaveK

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cost of juice fast/feast?
Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 28, 2008 08:00PM

Juice feasting website suggests : $25-$30 a day

which is A LOT , and a lot more than you would usually spend

I do mine on about that amount PER WEEK as I order direct from wholesalers

if you google up : juice feasting budget..loads of blogs, tips and handy ideas

enjoy smiling smiley

Posted by: Itzdavey ()
Date: June 30, 2008 01:55PM

ok. Thanks. Was thinking maybe I could combine juicing with some of the master cleanse lemonade stuff. I'm only a bit worried about the cayenne pepper now with my esophagus. Last time I did it though I didn't have much of a problem.

I also probably don't need to lose anymore weight, but oh well.

-DaveK

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: July 01, 2008 03:59AM

Depends on what you're juicing. I'm on a fast (not feast) and probably spend $10-$15 a day.

Wheatgrass Juice....Cheap but a pain.

Apples - $1.99lb since I buy non-organic. They're not in season and the wax is glued to the skin anyways so it's not in the juice. I only use a few a week anyway.

Beets - I just buy the beets/roots not the leaves. Cheaper since Whole Foods has them in a bin for 1.49lb (organic)

Spinach - Anywhere from $3-4 a pound and I juice about a pound a day..Other greens are cheaper though..especially if in season.

Carrots - Cheap and Easy. - 5lb bag of Whole Foods brand 365 costs $4 and I go through a half a bag a day. If you buy from a co-op or in "bulk" you can usually get a discount on case. Even WholeFoods will give you a discount but it's stupid and only 10% off.

Go to www.localharvest.org to find farmer's markets, co-ops, etc.

Doing half MC Lemonade will definitely make it cheaper. I've done that. If you're worried about the Cayenne just leave it out. It's not that important especially if you're also drinking juice anyway.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables