Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

juicing for weight loss.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 11, 2008 08:06PM

I was wondering if I could juice three 8 oz glasses a day and eat one meal like salads or chicken and still loose weight. I'm wondering if my body might back fire on me and get confused and not lose any weight. I love fasting and drinking fresh juice but I can’t go more then a few days at a time. I know that this isn’t necessarily bad for me but will I still lose weight?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: juicing for weight loss.
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: July 11, 2008 08:38PM

Yeah, I was losing weight last month by drinking juices and then in the evening i ate actual food. Actually doing that kind of got me into fasting mode and I went on a long fast.

Yo-Yo fasting is what will make you gain weight though or not lose it. You can't fast for 3 days, eat food for 3, fast, eat, fast eat...That's what messes your metabolism up and your body thinks it's "starving" so it holds onto all the calories you eat.

Just watch your calories. Use Fitday.com or something. You don't want 3 big glasses of carrot juice and then a big, fattening salad at night.

Posted by: mira ()
Date: July 16, 2008 10:43PM

Will fasting for a couple of days harm the metabolism?

I did a 7 day fast a couple of months ago, and i wanted to do a small one at the end of july...

Posted by: cy ()
Date: July 18, 2008 09:09PM

I'm planning to do a small 3 day fasting at the end of July also.

Posted by: DCveggieGal ()
Date: August 01, 2008 07:57PM

should I add fiber-con or whatever it's called to my juice when I'm doing a juice fast?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables