Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New Green Star and Wheatgrass
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 23, 2008 08:39PM

I just got my Green Star a few weeks ago. I have been using it for various things, but lately when I wanted to try just wheatgrass, the machine keeps foaming everything. Instead of juice I get a huge glass of foam. What am I doing wrong? Did I choose the wrong juicer?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Green Star and Wheatgrass
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 23, 2008 10:27PM

Wheatgrass Juice will foam, no matter what Juicer you use. I screen the
juice as it comes out of my Juicer, then screen it a second time with
a very-fine Strainer......WY

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 23, 2008 10:46PM

Thanks for the info. I don't have a screen (at least I don't think), but I will try a metal strainer tomorrow. Thanks so much for your help!

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: July 26, 2008 09:10PM

Sucks with spinach too. I have to just wrap the spinach around carrots to minimize the foam.

Look for a good strainer. Some mesh strainers are finer and others have holes too big where you still get foam in the juice.(like the crap one I bought at Target)

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: July 28, 2008 03:33PM

we all get foam when juicing greens. dont forget that the hemeglobin and chlorophyll molecules are very similar to each other. also remember that the function of these molecules is to transport oxygen and carbon dioxide...both of which are gaseous.

since these molecules function as such..perhaps that is why we get foam when juicing them.

foam is deceptive, it looks like alot of volume but its actually very small.

my technique is to use a drinking straw...glass one if you can get one....and i just suck all the foam off the top using my straw.

hope that helps,

juicin' john

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables