Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Smoothies / Juicing and digestion questions
Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: April 30, 2008 11:51PM

Does making smoothies OR making juice from greens make them easier or more difficult to digest?

I need things that are very easy to digest right now.

I love greens but sometimes I have IBS that flares up and I can't digest them so I was wondering if smoothies would make the digestion easier or more difficult and also if juicing would make the digestion easier or more difficult.

When I get a flare up of IBS that is really bad, papaya and banana get really boring even though I absolutely love papaya. I just want to bring more into the mix. Apples are out -- OUCHY OUCHY OUCHY. Grapes are ok but my usual haunts don't have organic right now and grapes have a lot of pesticide residue.

I'm doing some wheatgrass and that goes through ok. But I really crave more greens lately.

Thanks for any knowledge about this.

Lee

[www.dhamma.org]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Smoothies / Juicing and digestion questions
Posted by: loeve ()
Date: May 06, 2008 01:15AM

"Does making smoothies OR making juice from greens make them easier or more difficult to digest?"

..I've done green smoothies and green juices..both methods help digestion imo. Juicing greens is the easiest way for me to eat lots of them..and I almost always opt to eat the pulp salad which is basically shredded greens.

Aloe vera is supposed to be good for ibs. I buy it in whole leaf form and juice a chunk with greens, carrots and often a chunk of coconut. It's ok.

Dandelion is in season..and has agreed with me in any quantity since day one..

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables