Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Oster Fusion 1000w? Good for green smoothies?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 04, 2009 06:39AM

I know it can't compete with Blendtec, Breville, Vitamix, etc. but does anyone know if it is better then most blenders? It was on sale for $50 and it only caught my eye because if claimed to function as a food processor also. On the preprogrammed modes it reverses the blade itself and they made salsa with it on a commercial.
I would like to make whole food smooties with greens, fruits, and veggies but not sure if this will work. I won't have the budget for a vitamix for quite some time and I wasted $30 on a Jack LaLanne that "had a leak" which ended up having the bearing completely shot from the rust of leaking. When looking to fix it it seems to be a very common problem with no spare parts available.

Anyway, has anyone tried this? I put a whole apple in it and it chopped it up into pieces and then I added a half a cup of water and it smoothed it out pretty good. It also has a food chute. Any tips to try to see if it can handle making raw food stuff or not? I could return it if it doesn't do what I would like.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables