Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Detox symptoms question
Posted by: satori108 ()
Date: January 22, 2009 03:08PM

Hi. I've been drinking green smoothies for breakfast and sometimes lunch for a week and a half now. I am eating more veggies too. Yesterday I even liked raw mustard greens! At night I do tend to eat regular food or cooked veggies because I was drinking smoothies and found that I had too much energy to sleep at night.

My goal for now is to try and eat as raw as possible during the week. Eventually, I will try to see if I can go to a raw diet. And try to eat healthy on the weekend but maybe not raw. This is because I see my significant other and his family on the weekend who eat a SAD diet. I avoid all the really bad stuff though.

I know that toxins are being released into my bloodstream and I guess this is why I keep feeling a tingle on my lips which usually signals a cold sore outbreak.I have been applying hydrogen peroxide and licorice which so far has prevented an outbreak. But I keep feeling that tingle.

My question to the forum is that if I continue the same eating pattern, will I keep experiencing the detox symptoms? Do I have to go completely raw forever to stop the symptoms? I love eating healthier but I really don't want to continually be trying to prevent an outbreak. I can deal with acne, a cold,etc, but I can't deal with a cold sore! Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Detox symptoms question
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 22, 2009 06:31PM

i have been detoxing for about 5 years on and off ... the more raw i went the more things started flushing out of my system

i found drinking lots of water to pass things quickly very helpful smiling smiley

suppressing whats going on just slows things down

you can have one more cold sore today and none for many years

i havent had one in about 4 years but my last one was nasty and was the first time i just let it run its course

its probably not what you want to hear but i dont think you can eliminate the virus in your body completely (not 100% sure on that so don't quote me on this lol) , but you can make it so the virus doesnt have a chance to get ahold ...

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2009 06:32PM by Jgunn.

Re: Detox symptoms question
Posted by: satori108 ()
Date: January 23, 2009 02:48PM

Thank you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables