Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Why I chose the HP3A by Blendtec
Posted by: Manolie ()
Date: March 17, 2009 09:27PM

I checked out both the HP3A and the VitaMix blenders, but personally prefer the HP3A. While I understand the person who wants to control every single step in their kitchen, I draw the line at anything unnecessary. The HP3A allows you to approach your cooking that way, too, but here is the difference: the HP3A's five major displayed headings (Beverages; Drinks/Ice Cream; Whole Foods; Food Processing; and Multi-Use) each offer five displayed cycles for a total of 25 professionally designed cycles to do exactly what they say they will do. For example, under the heading Whole Foods there are the following five choices: Light Juice, Whole Juice, Frozen Fruit/Yogurt, Sauces & Dips, and Soups. The other four headings each have five other professionally designed cycles from Low Energy to High Energy, from Smoothie to Hot Chocolate, from Ice Cappuccino to Granita, from Chop to Grind Grain. Any four of those 25 cycles can be pre-programmed (like stations on your car's radio) so that your four favorite/most frequently used cycles are right there at a push of #1, #2, #3, or #4---your own choices. This blender has the same commercial motor you would find at a Starbucks, Baskin Robbins, Dunkin Donuts, Jamba Juice, etc., and perhaps best of all it fits under the cabinets in your kitchen, doesn't need a tamper because of its patented jar design, and doesn't use expensive separate jars for wet or dry blending. With the automatic cycles which are typically 50 seconds or less, you are paying that same careful attention to other kitchen tasks, while this blender is doing what it is designed to do. In making my choice over a year ago, I found a great price (and it's still there!) plus free gifts, so look around and choose the one that is going to help you do everything you saved up for, and without the hassle.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why I chose the HP3A by Blendtec
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: May 30, 2009 01:52AM

Hi Manolie,

Thanks for that review! I will be in the market for a high end blender very soon, & after doing a lot of research, I am having a difficult time making up my mind. I like the idea of the pre-programmed settings without a hassle, so I can tend to other things. But, I also want control over the unit when I have time to devote to it. Sounds like the best of both worlds!

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables