Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Please help: Vitamix or other brand
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 28, 2009 09:40AM

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and would really appreciate some advice. I've been putting off buying a blender for a while because I have been confused for so long which one is best to go for. I am on the verge of getting the Vitamix 5000 (I am based in the UK and Vitamix have said that the new model that has a new container will not be available in the UK for possibly another year, so my only option is to get the 5000 model) however I know there are other blenders out there and wanted to see what you all advise first before I make a decision. Adding to my confusion, I have noticed that 'The Fresh network' (a UK raw site) sells the Vita-Prep3, rather than the Vita-mix 5000. The Vita-Prep3 is a lot more costly.

Will the Vitamix 5000 be good enough to meet my family of four's everyday needs, or do you recommend another model or brand?

Thanks to you all for taking the time to read this.

Best Wishes,

Jak (whose head's in a whiz over this blender business!)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Please help: Vitamix or other brand
Posted by: mmmveg ()
Date: April 28, 2009 10:08PM

Hiya Jak! I have the vitamix 5000. LOVE it! There are 4 in my family as well. I use it at least once a day...sometimes up to 3 or even 4 times a day. It can handle blending avocado pits nicely too (I've been doing that lately!) I make smoothies, soups and nut mylks mostly. Vitamix has excellent customer service. I've had to have a tamper replaced. They did it for free, no questions asked. The 7 year warrenty is fabulous!

After doing tons of blender research on the net, the vitamix lept on coming up as the best. So I decided to bite the bullet and buy one. Sometimes doing a lot of research can leave a person even more confused than ever! But I was convinced that this was the best blender for my families needs. I don't regret buying it whatsoever. Yeah...it's a lot of dough but it's worth every penny.

Good luck in your decision making yawning smiley)

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 29, 2009 04:40PM

Hi Jennifer,

thanks so much for taking the time to answer my query!

Yes the Vitamix does look like the one to go for - I think I'm almost on the verge of making my mind up now (finally!) thanks to your advice :-)

Best Wishes,

Jak

Posted by: mmmveg ()
Date: April 30, 2009 01:35PM

Your welcome jak yawning smiley)
good luck to you! happy blending!
take care

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 30, 2009 02:53PM

Jak,

I have a Vita-Mix with the new Tritan copolyester carafe[I'm in the States], and I LOVE it, but I use it almost exclusively for smoothies. If your application needs are more varied, you may need something else. There are quite a few threads on this particular message board about Vita-Mixes versus BlendTecs versus whatever. Please do a good search of the discussions so that you have the best possible data before making your purchase. Good luck!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables