Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

juicing mangos
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 14, 2009 11:04PM

Hi, I'm brand new to juicing (about 2 weeks now) so I've been doing a lot of experimenting. My question is about using mangos....is it really necessary to peel them? All the recipes/comments I've looked at say to peel them, but the skin is thin and not bitter. I only use organic produce. Any reason that I shouldn't just leave it on? I have an Omega 8003 juicer.
Thanks! Laurie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: juicing mangos
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: May 14, 2009 11:37PM

lsmccarthy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ....I only use organic produce.
> Any reason that I shouldn't just leave it on?
There are videos of Gorillas eating Bananas....peeling
and all....WY

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: May 15, 2009 12:00AM

I went to a raw food seminar David Wolfe put on several years back, and saw him eating a mango-- skin and all-- literally 'Wolfe'ing it down during the intermission. He didn't keeo over during the second half of the presentation, so I'm guessing you're right.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: wild-aloe ()
Date: May 15, 2009 12:59AM

Alot of people have sensitive reactions to the skin/sap/sap on the skin because of mango's relation to poison sumac. Also, even organic mangos could be waxed, so I wouldn't try to eat or juice it.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 15, 2009 01:41AM

Thanks for the responses! I had no idea mangos are related to poison sumac. My mangos don't appear to be waxed but I suppose it better to just play it safe and spend the extra minute removing the skin.
Laurie

Posted by: marsh ()
Date: May 15, 2009 03:16AM

for me, mangos are such a fabulous, delicious fruit, that i want to make sure i get all of it. that's why i don't juice them. i don't want any part of it ending up in the "waste" basket of the juicer. i don't eat the peel, but get every last morsel from the skin and pit.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables