Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Juicing and training
Posted by: scottiethomas ()
Date: May 16, 2009 03:35AM

hi!

I have just found my families champion juicer from 1990!
It works wonderfully!

soon after being hired at a local organic food store, i've decided the time was right to transition to raw foods and cut what little dairy i still include in my diet (hard to avoid cheeses, etc)

Currently i am training for a bike tour in june. Myself and friends will cover 1000 miles roughly from natchez louisiana to bowling green kentucky. i also run, and would like to begin swimming.

is it possibly to continue this perhaps less intensely only juicing?

anyone have experience with juicing and daily cardio and endurance training?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Juicing and training
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: May 17, 2009 04:25AM

I've done running and weight training while doing a long juice fast, and I can honestly tell you, after 3 weeks of juice fasting, I was more energetic and I ran noticeably faster on the track at the gym. It was really exciting.

I'm juice fasting now (day 29) and I don't feel weak at all. However, at this time I'm deliberately doing a lot of walking right now. It's for a different reason other than conserving energy, however; it's just what my internal guidance system is directing me to do at the moment. Pretty soon I'll probably be doing workouts of one sort or another again. I think perhaps I'm being given a little lesson about the primacy of consciousness over physical exertion and exercise for the rejuvenation and restructuring of the body.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: May 17, 2009 05:10AM

kwan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ......perhaps I'm being given a little lesson about the
> primacy of consciousness over physical exertion
> and exercise for the rejuvenation and
> restructuring of the body.
I like the way you said that. I spent 3 sessions
yesterday in my Sauna Room. Yep...'Restructuring the Body' says
it Best....WY

Posted by: scottiethomas ()
Date: May 17, 2009 03:40PM

thank you Kwan,

I appreciate what you said as well, and it makes me think...

i juiced yesterday for breakfast and lunch, along with an avacado and sprout sandwich, significantly less and different than normal.

i ran better than i have ever run before, and cycled for a while afterwards.

i felt invigorated, not tired, afterwards.

i'm starting the juice fast monday!

also, kwan,

i checked out your myspace and soundclick. i too record music with intention of sound healing, creating complimentary vibrations that address the soul at the grossest and subtlest level. i do a lot of violin improve with a drum circle. your page is an inspiration!

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: May 19, 2009 02:37AM

>i checked out your myspace and soundclick. i too record music with intention of sound healing, creating complimentary vibrations that address the soul at the grossest and subtlest level. i do a lot of violin improve with a drum circle. your page is an inspiration!<

Scottie--
I love the violin! It's the one solo instrument other than flute and sax that I'd like to take up at some point. It's so soulful and similar to the human voice. Do you have any recordings of your music online? Would love to hear it.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables