Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

VitaMix vs. Bosch Machine ???
Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: July 17, 2009 05:53PM

I don't have a Vitamix, but have been using a Bosch machine/blender for years. It is industrial strength and very powerful. I've been making my green (and other) smoothies in my Bosch and wondered if anyone had a good comparison between the Bosch and the VitaMix? Wondering if I should still purchase a VitaMix?

Thanks.

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: VitaMix vs. Bosch Machine ???
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 17, 2009 06:45PM

plainlydressed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ....Wondering if I should
> still purchase a VitaMix?
I'd go by feelings. If you're satisfied with the
Bosch, then keep using it. If not, then move up to the Vita-Mix.
How often you use your blender should play a factor too.
Personally, I like to use the Best (as I see it)....WY

Date: July 17, 2009 09:20PM

Thanks WY, but that didn't answer my question. I'm looking for opionions. =) Do you personally think the VM is the best? I'm not entirely sure that I like how well the Bosch blends up some of the ingredients I use in the smoothies, but when I watch videos of people using the VM, it seems to handle almost anything and whips it up very smooth, but that COULD just be the different ingredients used in the video. I'm looking for alot of power and smooth consistency (as much as possible - I realize that some ingredients are not conducive to "smooth" blending). Thanks so much. =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 17, 2009 10:51PM

pd....Could you provide us with a picture and/or model
number of your Bosch blender?
Of the three really powerful blenders on the market today, I prefer
the Vita-Mix first, the Blentec second, and the Waring MX third. I've
personally tested all three....WY
P.S. Love your name, but I try to be just a little flashy in my dress.

Date: July 18, 2009 02:17AM

Thanks WY. =) I will try to find the model # and a pic for you. Bosch machines are powerful, industrial strength machines, especially known for making bread. Awesome bread machines. I appreciate the in-put.

LOL on the name. I use that name because it's actully true. I'm a plain girl....dress, bonnet, and all. (Although I am not old order because I do drive a car and obviously use electricity. No buggies for me. *shudder*) =)

—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: NeonBee ()
Date: July 18, 2009 03:51AM

Never having had a Vita-mix all I can say is that I do have a Waring (commercial Blender made by Bosch). It is a 3.5HP machine and has never let me down. Bosch brand blenders are typically used as bar blenders and they are excellent. Still they are expensive but slightly cheaper than the VM. Considering I wear lots of designer clothes I still have a Bosch and have not moved up to compete with the raw Jones who have a VM. I will stick with Bosch unless they start to make their stuff in China too.....

Posted by: tealady ()
Date: July 18, 2009 12:39PM

Hi, check out the other links on this page for the vita mix. They have a lot of great info. I LOVE my machine, its warranty (I bought it at costco so I got 7 yrs) and there customer service is top notch. The vita mix is a staple in our house and it gets used 2-4 times a day and works like a charm.

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: July 19, 2009 11:08AM

"Awesome bread machines."

The Vitamix has a very sharp blade unlike most machines that are "bar" type and made to crush ice and blend. There are industrial blenders made to cut wheat and those made to blend dough, yours purhaps the latter. Any blender blade can be sharpened so that it will cut through vegetables to make a finer textured drink (though the steal may not hold an edge as long as those super high qaulity vitamix blades).

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: July 19, 2009 02:37PM

NeonBee Wrote:
> I do have a Waring (commercial Blender made by
> Bosch). It is a 3.5HP machine and has never let
> me down. ...

By the way, of the few makes of blenders I'm aware of offering very sharp blades, Waring and Oster are included.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 27, 2009 02:25AM

which waring ?

Date: July 27, 2009 02:28AM

I know the VMx is the cream dela cream for raw veans but can I start with the Waring and get my money's worth.

Date: July 27, 2009 02:38AM

oops I meant which one for my money is the best alternative to the VMX. Learning to do raw foodie thing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables