Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Juice fast and Upset Stomach
Posted by: newhoove ()
Date: September 07, 2009 12:05AM

Hello,
I am beginning a 'juice feast' as some would call it. I have no experience in juice fasting for I only plan to do it for 2 days as a start. Today I juiced celery, spinach, red leaf lettuce, ginger, parsley, and kale.

Today I've had watery stool. The juice looked almost exactly the same going in as it did coming out.

Anyone with any constructive advice, feel free to respond

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Juice fast and Upset Stomach
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: September 07, 2009 01:29AM

newhoove Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello,
> I am beginning a 'juice feast' as some would call
> it. I have no experience in juice fasting for I
> only plan to do it for 2 days as a start. Today I
> juiced celery, spinach, red leaf lettuce, ginger,
> parsley, and kale.
>
> Today I've had watery stool. The juice looked
> almost exactly the same going in as it did coming
> out.
>
> Anyone with any constructive advice, feel free to
> respond

All part of the cleansing/detox/healing symptoms. Most folks can expect to experience a myriad of symptoms when juicing. The symptoms are to be "embraced", as it is a signal that your efforts are working!

Good luck & Good Health on your fast!

Date: September 07, 2009 02:40AM

Thanks for your support!
I haven't eaten anything all day. I took a giant nap to rest my body and awoke with a feeling of freshness in my muscles.

Several irregular bowel movements scared me because I am receiving intestinal inflammation from juice. I plan to continue the fast tomorrow til Tuesday night. Wish me luck.

Tomorrow is a brand new day. I am going to embrace it.
Thanks

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: September 07, 2009 06:21AM

As you progress further into juice fasting (if you decide to do so), you will also notice that you will probably require less sleep & have more energy. Maybe not so much right now, as this is your first juice fast, but as your body cleanses more/dumps more toxins, you will notice the feeling.

I would suggest that you consume at least 8-10 glasses throughout the day, making sure you are receiving adequate nutrition for the body. Currently, I juice daily, up to 6-8 glasses (or more), but that is alternating with food - not quite the same effect as you are experiencing.

One of my symptoms that I seem to always get is mild headaches, but not so much any stomach/digestive problems. Everyone is affected a little differently. I haven't done a total juice fast for a few months, and I miss doing it. Time to "clean house" again!

BTW, which juicer do you use?

Date: September 07, 2009 01:26PM

I used the Omega 8003 juicer. It seems to get the job done quite well. I sometimes come across a problem with cucumbers, but alternating with celery is a quick fix.

Thanks for the juicing advice. I think I'll add a few more glasses to my daily regimen.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables