Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Blendtec's new blender vs. Vita-Mix
Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: October 17, 2009 05:00PM

Ok, just watched Matt Monarch's latest video comparing the Vitamix with Blendtec's standard blender and the newest blender with the larger pitcher and bigger blade. The newer model blew the others out of the water, at least in this demo. I've had my heart set on getting a VM, but now I'm not so sure, especially after Matt demonstrates how small and narrow the pitcher is for the VM compared to all the open space in the new BT pitcher. What do you think??

[www.youtube.com]

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Blendtec's new blender vs. Vita-Mix
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: October 17, 2009 05:33PM

plainlydressed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> .......What do you think??
The BlendTec with the 96-ounce carafe (4-inch blade),
was the clear winner. My Smoothies are only 24-ounces, and my
Vita-Prep 3 (with 48-ounce carafe) is serving me very well. The
big BlendTec would be excellent for two or more people.
By the way, Angela used the Vita-Mix very well. I'm sure they have
used it a lot.
I don't know what she sees in him. He doesn't appeal to me at all.....WY

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: October 17, 2009 06:09PM

WY - I totally agree. I make alot of smoothies for hubby and myself, plus I make extras for work in the mornings, so I'm wondering if the larger carafe would serve me well. I've seen both Angela and Matt use the VM before and still think it's an excellent machine.

And I COMPLETELY agree with you about Matt. I can't STAND the guy. I love Angela, but Matt drives me nuts. Hubby and I get the biggest laughs out of him because he drives us crazy. The sad thing is that he used to be such a handsome guy!! I'm all for a 100% RAW natural lifestyle, but what's with the HAIR ??!! CUT IT ALREADY !! And why does a RAW lifestyle come with the "hippie requirement?" Once you go RAW, you have to look like a flower child that just came back from Woodstock high as a kite on hemp?? What's with that??!! *LOL* Don't get me started....

I only put up with Matt for the information on some of the videos, and of course I LOVE Angela. I'm with you.... What DOES she see in that guy??!! Whenever hubby hears their little ditty start singing when I start up one of their daily videos, he cringes and says - "Nooooo! Not THAT guy again!!!" *LOLOL* =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: October 17, 2009 06:11PM

My first thought was for that poor baby! Must have had ringing ears for an hour afterwards from that noise level of all three going at the same time. Obviously the center one mixed the fastest, & I was originally going to purchase a Blendtec several months ago, but I don't really care for the microprocessor "brain" in the digital units.

I am looking towards the electrical/reliability aspect of it as well.

Keep it simple, I say - that is why I am leaning towards either the Vitamix or even the Waring models. Doubtful that I will purchase the Blendtec, even though it is the winner (I guess). The fact that she had to rock the smaller one really bothered me - I don't even have to do that on my cheapie Brawn 600 wt. model.

I will pulse it a few times to break everything up & then set it for high; after a couple of minutes it is done. It is still "pulpy" though, does not blend as smooth as the pro models do.

WY -

"By the way, Angela used the Vita-Mix very well. I'm sure they have
used it a lot.
I don't know what she sees in him. He doesn't appeal to me at all.....WY"

lol - Chicks dig rockers!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables