Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

An Quick Look at the New Omega 2 HP Blender Line
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: May 20, 2010 06:10PM

[www.omegajuicersdirect.com]
[www.opentip.com]

Omega has just come out with a line of new 2 HP Blenders, the B2300, B2400, B2500 and B2500 L

Overall, they appear to be in the same class as a Vitamix 5200 or Blendtec HP3A. All offer a 2 year limited warranty which is less than both Blendtec and Vitamix and the one price quote I could find for a 2300 is that it is priced somewhat less also $335. Omega appears to be offering two carafe types for the blenders, a 64 oz/2000 cc round type, similar to a Vitamix, and an 82 oz/2500 cc square type of carafe more reminiscent of a Blendtec. Beyond that the features are specfic to each model.

B2300

The 2300 has a relatively simple design similar to a Vitamix 4500, high - low, on off.

B2400

The 2400 is similar to the 2300 but adds variable speed control and a pulse button.

B2500

The 2500 has a timer control instead of a pulse button and also variable speed control.

B2500 L The 2500 L is the same as the 2500 but with an 82 ounce /2500 cc square carafe instead of the 64 oz round carafe.

No sense yet on how they perform. John Kohler featured the B2100 1 HP Omega on his discountjuicers site yesterday. No doubt we should be seeing these 2 HP models featured soon!

Paul

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: An Quick Look at the New Omega 2 HP Blender Line
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: May 20, 2010 06:27PM

pborst Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Omega has just come out with a line of new 2 HP
> Blenders, the B2300, B2400, B2500 and B2500 L
Thanks Paul for keeping us abreast of things. I'd
be interested in a price comparison with Blendtec and Vita-Mix....WY

Date: May 20, 2010 06:41PM

John Kohler shows us how to drink a whole pound of Spinach
prepared in the Omega 1HP B2100 Blender. Amazing.....WY

[www.discountjuicers.com]

Posted by: Nubster ()
Date: May 20, 2010 08:57PM

I saw that video the other day. Very exciting that there is a reasonably priced blender that can still do a good job. I am using a standard Oscar blender now and it actually does a pretty darn good job but I don't know how long it will last being used a couple times a day everyday. I guess when it goes I will look into one of the nicer blenders.

Date: May 26, 2010 03:14AM

John Kohler just did a quick video on this line of Omega blenders along with a demo of crushing flax seed into flax meal.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 26, 2010 09:57AM

pborst Wrote:
> John Kohler just did a quick video on this line of
> Omega blenders
I love his enthusiasm....when he gets excited he talks
with his hands.
The Omega 2HP line of blenders is so new no one has them in-stock...
not even John Kohler at DiscountJuicers.com.
Here's a quick look at all the models...

[www.omegajuicersdirect.com]

Posted by: neurosport ()
Date: May 26, 2010 12:05PM

it seems to be a vita-mix knock off

personally i HATE everything fake

i can understand buying a fake designer item like a prada bag or a fake jewelry item like a breitling watch - but why would you buy a fake TOOL ?

would you want to go to war with a fake plastic gun ?

sorry - i just can't understand it

i have reservations about Blendtec but at least Blendtec is original - you have to respect that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2010 12:09PM by neurosport.

Date: May 26, 2010 05:02PM

Wheatgrass Yogi Wrote:
> pborst Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > John Kohler just did a quick video on this line
> of
> > Omega blenders
> I love his enthusiasm....when he gets excited he
> talks
> with his hands.
> The Omega 2HP line of blenders is so new no one
> has them in-stock...
> not even John Kohler at DiscountJuicers.com.
> Here's a quick look at all the models...
>
> [www.omegajuicersdirect.com]
> ryID=89

Yogi,

Thanks for the url to Omega. Looks like John was right that they are running about $100 less than a Vitamix 5200 (comparing the Omega 2400). So, the tradeoff seems to be $100 for about 5 years less warranty. In terms of performance, what little I've seen with the flax seed test looks promising. No doubt, we will learn more as John puts this line through their paces.

Paul

Date: May 27, 2010 01:45AM

neurosport Wrote:
> it seems to be a vita-mix knock off
>
> personally i HATE everything fake
>
> i can understand buying a fake designer item like
> a prada bag or a fake jewelry item like a
> breitling watch - but why would you buy a fake
> TOOL ?
>
> would you want to go to war with a fake plastic
> gun ?
>
> sorry - i just can't understand it
>
> i have reservations about Blendtec but at least
> Blendtec is original - you have to respect that.

Who cares if it is a knock off if the quality is there. I have not read any complaints about the quality of Omega's juicers, one of which is a Huron "knock off". If the blenders are the same quality as the juicers appear to be then I would gladly own an Omega blender.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: May 27, 2010 03:18AM

Have to agree with Nubster on that one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: May 27, 2010 04:07AM

that's like saying "so what if i eat at McDonalds 3 times a day if i am healthy ?"

or like saying "so what if my girlfriend has a beard if she cooks and cleans?"

it's kinda subtle. you have to understand it on your own.

Date: May 27, 2010 04:10AM

Your earlier assessment of yourself was so spot on, I applaud your honesty and introspection.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: May 27, 2010 04:22AM

Isn't imitation the highest form of flattery?

Date: May 27, 2010 06:40AM

Nubster Wrote:
> Isn't imitation the highest form of flattery?

Of Course !

Vitamix is hands down, far and away, the most imitated blender.

Now why could that be ?

Because Vita-Mix is the best.

Problem is they are imitating the Vita-Mix designs that people know and love - that is they are Imitating designs that are 10 year old or more !

Now if they were imitating the designs that Vita-Mix is currently developing scheduled for launch somewhere in 2012 or so then MAYBE they would have a shot at matching Vita-Mix performance.

as it is you're talking about a Real 2010 vitamix versus a fake 1995 vitamix. i wonder which one is better ?

it is a very simple concept - YOU CAN'T LEAD BY FOLLOWING - when you imitate your competitor you have already lost the competition.

[www.diy-av.net]

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2010 06:54AM by neurosport.

Date: May 27, 2010 07:12AM

In the automotive world everybody imitates BMW

In the computer world everybody imitates Apple

i can only laugh at the poor fools who get a fake iPhone made by Samsung or LG and think they got "a deal" because it was cheaper than an actual iPhone.

you can also only laugh at the poor fools who get an Infinity car because it had the same specs as a BMW for less and think they got "a deal"

they didn't get a deal - they got a bunch of WORTHLESS GARBAGE and wasted their money.

if those other companies were any good they wouldn't need to IMITATE the leaders.

and if their products could support any sort of a REPUTATION they wouldn't need to COMPARE THEMSELVES to the leaders in every ad.

when was the last time you seen a BMW ad saying "we are better than infinty!" ? NEVER ! because infinity is NOTHING. how do you compare yourself to nothing ?

on the other hand every Infinty and every Audi ad compares themselves to BMW. why? BECAUSE THEY COULD NEVER MATCH BMW IN THEIR WILDEST DREAMS.

sure they can match the SPECS. but specs are only good for wiping ass with. if you want specs go print yourself out some specs and frame them on the wall. if you want a superior product - buy a superior product.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2010 07:14AM by neurosport.

Date: May 27, 2010 07:24AM

have you noticed how all those garbage korean cars always say how we have more leg room than a camry or more head room than an accord ?

that's why anybody with a brain will get a camry or an accord because they are the BENCHMARK by which other cars are judged.

it is a giveaway. in the ads of garbage products is embedded the answer to what you should really be getting. and also in their styling.

if you take the look at all the phones out today it is easy to see they are all fake iPhones - so you get an iPhone, a real one - simple !

look at which companies were forced by the government to do recalls - honda and toyota - why ? because those were the only cars people were buying so government had to step in and give their bankrupted Detroit a chance. so which car should you get ? Obviously Honda or a Toyota !

this omega looks like a vita-mix. what is this telling you? its SCREAMING AT YOU ! IT IS SCREAMING ! ! ! GET A VITAMIX ! ! !

[www.diy-av.net]

Date: May 27, 2010 07:33AM

think of it as imitation food chain

ford and hyundai imitate Audi styling

Hyundai etc, in the ads, talk about how they are better than a Honda Accord

meanwhile Audi, in the ads, talks about how its better than BMW

and Honda Accord's styling has been completely stolen from E60 BMW ( that has already been replaced by a newer BMW )

from this you can reconstruct the automotive food chain

BMW > Audi, Honda > Hyundai, Ford etc.

all the information you need is in plain sight. you just have to learn how to read between the lines to see it.

Date: May 28, 2010 10:57AM

wow, I get what your trying to say, but you literally know nothing about cars... Hyundai has won SOOOO many car shows in recent years, and have been given many awards lately for innovative design and performance, thats not for imitating, thats for innovation and performance, nissan has been getting their fair share of awards too, oh, and both have beat out BMW in a number of comparison tests within the same price ranges done by a number of reputable care magazines, such as Car & driver and motor trend, Both I receive for free for the next 2 years, and have had for the last 3 years for free as well... ^_^ You just made a horrible comparison,lol...

Date: May 28, 2010 07:17PM

I still don't see the problem. Fake iPhone? Who cares if you get the real iPhone if the "fake" one works just as good. I have an iPhone and personally I would trade it in a second for a Motorola Droid aka fake iPhone. If the current Vita-Mix is a quality piece of equipment and I think most would agree it is, and Omega copies the design, function, and performance, and charges less then to me it is a no brainer to get the Omega. I could care less about the latest and greatest if the older model works for me and does what I need it to do. I use an older camera. My camera design is several years old. Someone can go out and buy the newest camera on the market but I bet I can still take pictures just as good.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables