Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Yay! Omega 330 Vert on the way!
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: June 05, 2010 06:16PM

Since I have been looking for something to supplement the juicing tasks of my Norwalk, I decided to go for the next best juicer on the market. grinning smiley When this one first made its' debut, I was a bit skeptical, but after watching John Kohler's vids. & others, I decided it was the best choice for me.

Also, thanks to all forum members that honestly posted their opinions on this machine, I value your input.

I believe what may have cinched the deal for me was the Matt & Angela vid. where they had a "face-off" between the Vert & the Greenstar. The way Matt had to fight the Greenstar was a total turn-off for me.

In the vid. they are using the Hurom (same as the Vert)

[www.youtube.com]

I'm past wanting to hassle with a piece of equipment like that. I did own a Greenstar for about a year, maybe around 8 yrs. ago, and I remember the clogging issues from back then, unless you fed it very slowly, which I no longer have the patience for.

So, that's where I'm at...Still continue to use the Norwalk a lot, but with the summer months, I want to spend less time in the kitchen, so this should be a good alternative...

Just wanted to share...smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Yay! Omega 330 Vert on the way!
Posted by: Nubster ()
Date: June 05, 2010 07:43PM

Gratz...look forward to seeing your thoughts on it once you get it in action.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: June 05, 2010 07:46PM

juicerkatz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So, that's where I'm at...Still continue to use
> the Norwalk a lot, but with the summer months, I
> want to spend less time in the kitchen, so this
> should be a good alternative...
I'll 'bet dollars to doughnuts' that your Norwalk starts
collecting dust now.
Good Luck with your new Omega Vert. Keep us informed as to how
you like it.....WY

[www.phrases.org.uk]

Date: June 05, 2010 09:48PM

Wheatgrass Yogi Wrote:
> juicerkatz Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > So, that's where I'm at...Still continue to use
> > the Norwalk a lot, but with the summer months,
> I
> > want to spend less time in the kitchen, so this
> > should be a good alternative...
> I'll 'bet dollars to doughnuts' that your Norwalk
> starts
> collecting dust now.
> Good Luck with your new Omega Vert. Keep us
> informed as to how
> you like it.....WY
>
> [www.phrases.org.uk]
> es/176.html

lol, probably through the summer months the Norwalk will get a bit of a break! Do you use yours on a regular basis?

Date: June 14, 2010 04:52PM

Well...wouldn't ya know it - these things are on national backorder & the company I am getting it from won't have it in stock until the end of next week... sad smiley

Date: June 14, 2010 05:04PM

juicerkatz Wrote:
> ........the company I am getting it
> from won't have it in stock until the end of next
> week... sad smiley
That's a good sign that they're selling a lot of them.
BTW, where you are buying it?

Date: June 14, 2010 06:01PM

Purchased from a reseller on ebay - I submitted a best offer lower than advertised $$$ & they accepted.

Angela at Omega confirmed that they are out of stock until next week, which means it will be an additional week (shipping lag times) until I receive it.

Seems like the story of my life, & I tend not to be a patient person! grinning smiley

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: July 04, 2010 10:28PM

JK,

Did you receive your VERT yet?

Paul

Date: July 05, 2010 12:14PM

pborst Wrote:
> JK,
>
> Did you receive your VERT yet?
Yes, I'm interested too.
By the way, is there anyone here who doesn't have a juicer yet? If so, tell us which juicer you're considering.
A good 'Tip' in juicing is....Take in vegetable juices rather than fruit juices.. ...WY

Date: July 05, 2010 05:48PM

pborst Wrote:
> JK,
>
> Did you receive your VERT yet?
>
> Paul

Funny you should ask - it came Friday. I had a chance to use it on Sunday. All the things everyone has said about it is true, it is a great machine.

Let's see...

I made;

Cherry juice (removed the pits first)
Carrot/celery/apple
Lemon/apple (lemonade)
Parsley/apple

ran some hard (softened) coconut meat w/ water through it to make coconut milk.
made about a quart of Almond milk (pre-soaked almonds)

ran water through it after each juice to clean it, that works well. Very quiet, I love that! Did not stall the unit during juicing, hence did not need to engage reverse.

The self feed is a beautiful thing. Very fast cleanup when finished.

I did notice that there is a bit more pulp present in the juices, but the Norwalk has me spoiled on that, as that is the only way to get truly pulp free juice.

If I want pulp, I will make a smoothie, lol. I can live with that though, or else stain it, making an extra step.

After I was all finished & was cleaning up, I noticed that a crack had developed in the side of the fine screen basket.

Did some googling & I see that this is a somewhat common thing. Tried to call Omega this morning, but no on is in the office; guess they must be taking a long weekend because of the holiday.

I hope they have a stock on hand of replacement parts, because a month long (or more) wait is unacceptable to me for a company the size & reputation of Omega.

I only say that because they continually run out of the Vert juicer & they are back-ordered for 1-2 months most all the time.

My suggestion would be to either expand or hire on more workers if there is that much of a demand for these juicers.

To sum up;

I like it alot; other than the screen cracking, it performed beautifully. Will I sell the Norwalk?

Heck no! There 'aint no way! I can always rely on 100 lbs. of stainless steel to juice/grind/puree etc., anything I throw at it & it will still keep working without breaking!

Ok, I know that's not a fair comparison, as the two aren't in the same class even remotely, but I knew WY would be wondering if I was going to make the Omega my main juicer, and at this point I would have to say "no".

It would have to be much more reliable in order for me to consider it my main machine...

Just my .02

Date: July 06, 2010 03:26PM

Outstanding. Omega will make it right. Sounds like you got one of the old screens. Were I you, I'd use the course screen for now with a nutmilk bag. The holes are only slightly larger on the yellow screen. then put the pulp, course and fine back through and screen it again. It will work just as well! Best.

Paul

Date: July 06, 2010 04:46PM

Called about the screen - it will be here in 5-7 days. Seems like a long time to me, as I only live about 30 mi. from the PA Omega location, which is where it is shipping from.

Paul -

do you use a sieve or strainer when you juice? The pulp in the juices seems excessive to me, or maybe I am just spoiled, lol!

Date: July 06, 2010 04:58PM

JK,

I use a nutmilk bag, but a strainer would be ok as well. I just find a nutmilk bag is easier. btw, we aren't that far apart, me being down in Northern VA. I think I will march up to Harrisburg and get me that Omega Big Mouth refit that John Kohler mentioned! lol.

Paul

Date: July 06, 2010 06:11PM

What is the Omega Big Mouth refit? I didn't see that video of John's...

Date: July 06, 2010 06:55PM

[www.youtube.com]

around 45 seconds, new piece to prevent leaks. If you just bought a Big Mouth, yours should already have it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables