Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

woohoo! found a TON of dandelion!
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: July 09, 2010 11:46PM

I finally found a BUMPER crop of dandelion, actual dandelion, meets all of the criteria, and Im about to go juice what im pretty sure is over a half a pound (and still more than 80% left where I picked this giant bowl from!!!) im gonna mix it with carrot, these are bitter...lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: woohoo! found a TON of dandelion!
Date: July 10, 2010 01:03AM

wow I thought it was bitter when I just tried one fresh... I had to double the amount of carrot I initially planned on using, and it leaves this strange aftertaste... oh and I measured it out was 381 gramsgrinning smiley (I have me a food scale, used it allot in baking.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 10, 2010 03:55AM

OooOo! lucky! Dandelion is great, I juice it every morning. How and where do you go about searching for wild fruits/vegetables? I generally don't pick wild fruit/vegetables because I'm always wary of farm runoff, pesticide contamination, etc. So, I'm really curious to know!

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: July 10, 2010 04:21PM

I like the way you guys think. I use a little narrow hand trowel to pry dandelions loose then shake off the dirt, rinse and juice. Sometimes I'll remove the woody root pith if they are too tough for the machine. The farms are scattered and not everyone uses herbicides here in the northeast US so it's possible to find good dandelions.

I've never eaten so many that they made me ill and sometimes I eat a LOT of them. They're amazing though it took me years to get accustomed to the taste.

Date: July 11, 2010 06:56AM

is it weird then loeve that I like the taste? well WITH trhe carrot juice, by theirself I like it, but its to strong for me... the wheat grass juice was even more difficult for me to drink by itself, yet I liked the flavor... sweet and grassy...

Im in nothern caliornia,and I just look around and in the forest,lots of protected forest land here, and I just stay away from farms in general, arent that many around here anyway, I cant WAIT for the blackberries to get ripe...mmmmmmm if im gonna be stuck in this town, im gonna enjuoy all the blackberries I can get my hands on,lol...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: July 11, 2010 04:15PM

Curator,

I don't think it's wierd at all. My sister drank some watered down dandelion juice without complaint. It's at its most bitter in the summer and some avoid it then though. I forage for it year round, in the winter mainly for the root though there might be a few little leaves that have survived the cold.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables