Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anyone travel overseas with a blender?
Posted by: Delta223 ()
Date: February 02, 2011 10:57PM

I might be taking a blender with me to another country that uses 220v power. I'm from the US (110v standard) so I understand I will need a step down transformer to reduce the voltage for my device. However, I'm concerned about frequency changes as well since there seems to be no way to change from 60 hz down to 50.

Has anyone taken a blender overseas for a prolonged period of time? (3+ months)? How did it fare against the frequency differences?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone travel overseas with a blender?
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: February 02, 2011 11:48PM

Delta223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I might be taking a blender with me to another
> country that uses 220v power.
As much as I love blending, I personally wouldn't
do it. It would only complicate things for everyone involved.
...rule-of-thumb.....'travel light'.....WY

Posted by: Delta223 ()
Date: February 03, 2011 03:03AM

This it not a quick vacation, I will be moving overseas for a while so I won't be packing light

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2011 03:04AM by Delta223.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 03, 2011 02:25PM

Yes, this is not a vacation, it's a move. If it were me I would buy a cheap or second hand blender to use while there since it will only be 3 months. This isn't like a curling iron, this is an appliance, I would not take it.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 18, 2011 03:39PM

I found this post because I was trying to find a travel blender that is rated for both 110 and 220v. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to exist.

The reason I'm on this search? I'm in Germany for a week with my Tribest and a downgrade converter. And it isn't working - this was evident the first time I used it. There is some sort of power loss happening with the converter and the blender that has gotten me through lots of trips in the US is not blending like it normally does. Very chunky and basically undrinkable. I'm going to be traveling for 3 weeks in Portugal and Spain and was trying to find another solution that would work for both countries, but at this point I think the only choice is to buy a travel blender rated for 220v.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: February 19, 2011 09:21PM

My experience of using foreign appliances with transformers is that you can easily ruin your appliance. It would be much safer to buy a cheap blender used through ebay while you are there, and sell it when you leave.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables