Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Starting a Long Juice Fast
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: March 18, 2012 05:41PM

Just water again today-- no hunger yet. Once I get into the flow with a water fast, it can be a lot easier than making and drinking juice... IF I can get past the first few hours of hunger. I'll know by tonight or tomorrow morning whether I'm 'there' or not yet. :-p

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: March 18, 2012 08:11PM

kwan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just water again today-- no hunger yet. Once I get into the flow with a water fast, it can be a lot easier than making and drinking juice...

There's an Art to Water Fasting. Most people drink too much water, and compromise the Healing Process.
For maximum benefit, the Colon should be Clean......WY

Date: March 18, 2012 10:37PM

I agree-- not too much water is needed. Also, if you drink less water, you'll experience less hunger. I like to intersperse water fasting with dry fasting, for optimal results.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: March 22, 2012 08:32PM

Sharrhan, how is the juice fast going?

Paul

Date: March 22, 2012 11:05PM

Hi Paul.
Honestly? I just haven't been feelin' it when I've juice fasted lately ('lately' meaning over the past 4-5 years.)
I could feel 'defeated,' but I choose to see it as a need to take a different path.
Onward and upward!
;-)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: March 23, 2012 10:18PM

Sharrhan,

Miss you terribly. So, the first thing is going to send you a friendship request. We will go from there!! winking smiley

Paul

Date: March 23, 2012 10:25PM

Sharran,

Clicking on your facebook link... coming to mine. Nothing there... doors open. best! winking smiley

Paul

Date: April 03, 2012 12:38AM

I've been on Facebook too long-- every time I read something I like on rawfoods.com I want to hit 'like,' and I can't. ;-o

Update: life intervenes, sometimes in the strangest ways, to shape our decisions, even down to how we will eat. Jonathan and I were hit, in a pedestrian crosswalk, by a big tour bus this past Tuesday afternoon. We were incredibly lucky!-- minor injuries and no need to go to the hospital. No broken bones or concussions, etc.

My tailbone is pretty sore; that's the worst of it. Jonathan had a couple of nasty but tiny cuts above one of his eyebrows where the bus hit his head, and a black bruise on his other eye that looks ugly but doesn't hurt.

We were very, very lucky. I had a tooth flare up the night of the accident. ('It rains when it pours' principle, lol!) And when that went away around 4am, I had a canker sore and some discomfort in my mouth that didn't start leaving until yesterday. So..... I haven't been very hungry. And juice wasn't even on my radar; my body just wasn't calling for it.

So I fasted daily until dinner almost every day this week, and now I'm doing fruit & greens smoothies. Tailbone is on the mend-- feeling incredibly fortunate to have sustained so little injury. We're still taking it easy, and I haven't gone back to the gym yet, except to do 25 minutes in the steamroom only. We're planning to start working out again the day after tomorrow.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables