Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

juicing toxic?
Posted by: lunachica ()
Date: November 06, 2006 11:04PM

I was looking at a juicer on ebay and the sellers claim that they are selling all of there juicers because there has been some new evidence found (in the last 6 months) that juicing is "toxic". they claim to be rawfoodist and stated that because of this new info. juicing is not considered appropriate for their lifestyle/diet. I can't remember what the claim was but it didn't sound very legitimate, something to do with bubbles & oxidation. Just wondering if anyone has heard anthing like this?

They were selling a champion juicer for practically nothing. I'm thinking it's some sort of scam?
thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: juicing toxic?
Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: November 07, 2006 12:06AM

It's no scam if that Champion is cheap!

Posted by: admin ()
Date: November 07, 2006 01:23AM

Juicing is not toxic.

Coca-Cola is toxic.

Sounds like a scam to me.

Posted by: singinraw ()
Date: November 07, 2006 11:33PM

I agree with admin, juicing has helped me soooo much and it really makes me sad to see people say stuff against it, why can't people understand. Not everyone has cast iron stomachs and juices really help improve digestion and assimilation and make it so much easier for people like me to get feeling better and more comfortable again.

hahaha thats funny about coca cola. I'm not sure I think its the one with mexican lice in it too!!! Ya they got a few hidden ingredients in some of those things!!!

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: November 22, 2006 02:20PM

A diet inadequate in fiber is going to be pretty bad in the long run. Juicing is ok if you eat enough fiber from your other foods. It isn't if you don't.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: November 23, 2006 08:03PM

I have good energy when I'm just drinking wheatgrass and carrot juice and not taking any additional fiber. There is fiber in the juice and it eventually builds up enough to work its way through.
Juicing Toxic? Nah...don't buy it!!
"To fully test something you need to experience it". Or in other words...."The proof of the pudding is in the eating"........WY

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: November 26, 2006 04:25AM

I think that the centrifugal juicing method introduces a lot of air into the juice, oxidizing many nutrients. In the end your teeth are the best juicers in the world. However I think that somewhat oxidized nutrients are better than no nutrients at all.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: November 26, 2006 05:13AM

A centrifugal juicer may introduce some oxygen into the juice. I remember, years ago, performing a 'test' when I had both a centrifugal and a twin-gear juicer. I juiced a quantity of carrot juice with each and stored it in the refrigerator. I didn't notice any difference in the oxidation of either one. In other words, they both oxidized at the same rate. It wasn't a very scientific test, but it convinced me that my centrifugal juicer wasn't so bad after all......WY

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 26, 2006 01:54PM

I agree with admin, singinraw, Wheatgrass Yogi, and VeganLife

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: November 28, 2006 02:03PM

juicing toxic?....yah right.

fresh made juices are the most highly leveraged "methodologies" for restoring strenghth and vitality to the body. if you are ill...juicing is your main tool for rebuilding and regenerating. the human body is miraculous in its ability to restore itself...all we need to do is give it the raw materials in combo with healthy lifestyle habits and it automaticallhy goes to work at healing. nothing is as powerful as fresh made juice for health maintainence and restoration. as far as juicers go....i have stated my preference for the greenstar twingear machine...the quality of juice in a greenstar is richer and better tasting because the technology is superior to any of the others. the low speed and thorough "pressing" (impeller pressing) gives a juice unequalled by any of the other juicer designs. for alittle bit of extra money, you get a whole lotta more juicer. if you are really serious about juicing you will undoubtably get the highest return on you investment in time and veggies with a greenstar.

juicing is not toxic.

jj

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: November 29, 2006 12:12AM

There are certain vegetables that need to be cooked before being eaten as they are too high in oxalic acid. Someone on this board was complaining about a leaf vegetable but I can't remember which vegetable it was. I remember him saying that after he drank the juice he felt overall ill. These kind of vegetables are rare though.

Posted by: llulu ()
Date: December 14, 2006 05:24PM

I'm curious, from an ethical point of view, why someone concerned with health and wellbeing would sell a tool to someone else that they believe poisons the body.

As for juicing, it is making all of the difference health and energy-wise in my life. I have these two elderly neighbors who are sisters from a very large family -- they have been juicing for decades and are the only the only two who do not have problems with arthritis, diabetes and a whole range of other problems related to aging that their non-juicing siblings all have! They both attribute it to juicing!

About the Champion, which is a workhorse of a juicer, I just don't like that it heats the juice up so much.

Date: December 14, 2006 11:00PM

Yeah, that site is by the poster on this board known as "gonnabe100%raw" or "gonnabe" - do a search for that author on this site to see how some rawfoodsupporters feel about his trashing of juicing, or at least his site and spelling, or at least his selling of juicers when he says juice is toxic. Educational reading.

I only really feel good after green juice - solid food makes me feel toxic, myself. I'm not thrilled about it, but it's too much a constant for me not to pay attention to. I feel calm and for once untroubled on the days I just have green juice - I'm such a darneed orthorexic! But it's physical, not just in my mind.

Posted by: SiennaInLondon ()
Date: February 05, 2007 11:45PM

Juicing is fine, blending is better and eating fruit is the best. I hate fruit but I have just got myself in the habit of eating the stuff.

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: February 06, 2007 01:15AM

What I don't get is why would they admit to their fear of "toxins" if they were trying to sell it?. LOL Nothing like scaring people away from a product..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables