Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New Health Master 100 Blender
Posted by: Bikini ()
Date: December 16, 2006 05:50PM

Hey Guys.

I just saw an infomercial for Jack Lalanne's new power blender - the "Health Master 100 Blender". ( I'm out sick with a flu...don't ususally sit through watching infomercials. smiling smiley )

It's being compared to the Vita Mix at a "fraction of the cost". Instinctively I'm not seeing that it could possibly be Vita-Mix power worthy, but wanted to check it out just to be certain.

I currently do not own a power blender, K-Tec, Vita-mix or otherwise. I use and own a Kitchen Aid blender and am seriously interested in getting a great tool.

....Does anyone have any personal experience with this new Jack Lalanne product? And if you do, would you choose the Vita- mix, K-Tec, or HealthMaster 100 for the money?

The website for the Health Master 100 is healthmaster100.com, if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks!

i breathe in
i breathe out
peace
love
joy
Bikini

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Health Master 100 Blender
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: December 18, 2006 02:11AM

I guess a Jack LaLanne product is okay, but I prefer better quality. I personally recommend the Vita-Mix 5000. Others here 'swear' by the K-Tec......WY

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: December 23, 2006 11:51PM

Well, I've had experience of two low cost blenders which are as powerful as a Vitamix at a fraction of the cost. Both of them had the power, but not as good build quality and don't last like a VitaMix does. If you can afford a Vitamix, get one! (I've no experience of a K-Tec, not seen them in the UK.)

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: December 26, 2006 04:32AM

I have a ktec and it rules. However, if you want a great blender and don't want to spend the money for a ktec or vitamix then go with the l'quip 228 blender. It's not as powerful as a ktec or a vitamix but is very sturdy and is getting great reviews. A friend of mine has one and loves it. She also loves the fact that it cost her just above a $100. It won't crush cans like the ktec but it will give you a step up over the typical $30 blender.

Cheers,

Mark

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 27, 2007 07:00PM

I just received mine on Friday and today I called to ask for a return label. The bender is INCREDIBLY loud, more or less like a power saw. I know high-power blenders are loud, but this is too much. I had to leave the room when using it or my ears would hurt.

Also, when I ordered it I paid an additional 10 dollars for expedite shipping but when I called to ask about it (because I hadn't received it yet) I was told that they have no expedite shipping, and now that money won't be refounded. I'd stay away from this one.

Elisa

Date: March 02, 2007 02:51PM

I only use the vitamix. I do not enjoy blending with the dial. I am listen symbiotically to the blender while its blending.. It only takes me 7 to 10 seconds to blend the same foods that most people blend in 50 seconds or more.
I carefully listen to the cavitations.. Once I hear it I switch it to level 1.. then back up then back down... Its like driving a car. I do a 1 minute low speed chopping to avoid oxidation and heating.. There is an art to blending... not just putting it in and the highest level and just hoping for the best..

Date: March 04, 2007 03:15AM

I just received my Healthmaster 100 and mixed a great smoothie. It is much quieter than a $70 blender I purchased recently and of course, much more powerful. I'm not sure who it was that said the Healthmaster was loud, but by design it is significantly quieter than other blenders I've used.

It comes with a tamper which is a great tool for helping the cause. It's designed to prevent accidentily contacting the blades, and speeds up the blending process considerably.

The 2hp motor is plenty for most home blending needs. The Vitamix 5000 has a 3hp motor but costs more than twice as much. I'm sure it is a fabulous blender but unless your using it several times a day and making lots of peanut butter type concoctions, the Healthmaster should do just fine.

Date: May 23, 2009 09:54PM

IMPORTANT! The My Healthmaster blender as sold by Montel Williams in the
informercial DOES NOT have any spare parts available ! After four months
the bearings in my container froze up and the blades wont turn and the
company does NOT sell any spare parts to fix it, DOES NOT sell a separate
container, DOES not have a way to help you except to sell you a whole new
unit ! ALSO the only written guarantee they provide on their website
says 60 days max for repair or replacement THEIR OPTION for the motor only.
IF the container wears out they call it normal wear and tear !
The blender worked great at first but when the container wears
out you thrown the motor away and everything ! There is no way to replace
the container or get a two dollar set of bearings or whatever to fix the
blades. DO NOT BUY THIS for daily use. Only buy it if you use it
only once a week or once a month.
BTW, I think the Healthmaster 100 Jack LaLane sells is something smaller
and different. Do not confuse.
So far the best I have found is the Waring Pro as it has replacemetn containers
from the wholesaler for fifty dollars. BUT it will not do as good a job
on big chunks of vegetables like the Healthmaster while it is working.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables