Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Greenstar or a wheatgrass juicer?
Posted by: happyvegan ()
Date: July 23, 2007 10:54PM

If I already have a perfectly good Champion juicer, but want to be able to juice wheatgrass and other greens, should I purchase a GreenStar to have one juicer that does it all, or just buy a good wheatgrass juicer and keep the Champion for other stuff. Or, can wheatgrass juicers even juice other greens?

It's just that I'm not going to be able to sell my Champion for much, and it'll be a hassle to clean two juicers, but maybe more responsible financially since there's nothing wrong with my Champion.

Advise me, wise ones.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Greenstar or a wheatgrass juicer?
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 23, 2007 11:07PM

I'd keep your Champion and buy an inexpensive Wheatgrass Juicer, to see if you even like Wheatgrass Juice (and other Green Juice). I started off with a manual.....Back-to-Basics, stainless steel.You can still buy them for under $100. It's a nice little juicer.
The GreenStar may do it all, but I like to use several different juicers.....WY

Date: July 23, 2007 11:24PM

So the Back-to-Basics is better than the Z Star manual juicer? I see vastly different opinions all over...

I get wheatgrass juice whenever we go to juice bars and such, I like it plenty. Leafy greens I like juiced with other veggies, which means I'd have to do both juicers at the same time. Or maybe I'd just get used to plain green juices.

Hm. Must think on this some more.

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: July 24, 2007 12:46AM

happyt vegan

you appear to have apretty good handle on what your goals are and what you like as far as juicing goes.

go with the green star and save the money you would throw away on a manual juicer.

the champion is good for a quick job on carrots but the trade off is wasted juice in the wet pulp. green star is a low rpm and it will seem a bit slower at first but the juice will never be exposed to heat or high rpm.

greenstar does it all and gives you a good squeeze on the pulp so that you waste very little on carrots and almost zero on the wheatgrass and greens. i mean to say it squeezes the pulp on green stuff 'bone dry". you will be very happy with it.

champion is good for carrots and apples,beets etc. but as you know it leaves a wet pulp. save the champion and lend it out to someone who is just getting started ...maybe they will buy it from you as they get started on their juicing career.

much is possible with the green star.

jucin' john

Date: July 24, 2007 02:27AM

I hate wet pulp. I'll run it through my Champion time and again, and by the time it starts feeling dry, it is also getting warm. Ick.

And really, I'm just lazy enough not to want to clean two juicers every day. Even to save a couple hundred dollars. :-)

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: July 26, 2007 05:07PM

i've w/ juicin john-
get the nice one, you'll use it and appreciate it a lot.
and give/discount your champion to a newbie.

i sent my champion to NYC for a budding raw foodie boyfriend of a dear friend. i it would be something they could do together. since we're all broke students, it's nice to be able to give such a useful and rather pricey gift.

i didn't have the money for greenstar, though now i'm wondering how much it is. any info on that?

but i do enjoy my omega, and when she passes on, i will feel totally justified in moving up another notch.

peace-

Posted by: Kristen's Raw ()
Date: August 02, 2007 08:17AM

Greenstar is the way to go! smiling smiley

Kristen Suzanne
--
www.KristensRaw.com
www.KristensRaw.blogspot.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables