Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Just had messiest experience ever with GreenStar....
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: July 31, 2007 11:10PM

I started with juicing chunks of pineapple and there was a ton of foam after just a few pieces. I kept adjusting the fruit knob and it didn't help much. Then it started backing ALL the way up so when I pushed more fruit down, foam would bubble over the top. I threw in some apple chunks and grapes thinkingit would help the flow of pulp better and that only made it a little worse but more juice started coming out.

And now, at the back..where the main piece connects to the machine, non foamy pine apple juice is dripping out from the bottom. There's no cracks, I've never had juice drip out from there before. It's not even turned on and it's still dripping.

I took it apart and wiped most of the foam out because I'm going to use it again soon for a different juice.

Anyone know why this is happening or what I did wrong?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2007 11:11PM by LikeItOrNot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Just had messiest experience ever with GreenStar....
Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: August 01, 2007 02:27PM

pineapple is very tricky with green star ...i have had similar experience and have since perfected my technique so that it does better although not perfect.

what happens is the pinapple fibers and sugars clog up the filtering screen and the feeding shoot starts backing up.

the core of the pinapple is partially responsible because of the stringy fibers.

anyway try this next time:

cut off the top and bottom of pinapple.
slice off the outer skin all around.
next slice the pinapple in round slices about 3/4 inch thick(circular flat slices)
cut out the circle in the middle which is the core.
and cut he slice into wedges after the core is remove and juice one wedge at a time.(don't go too fast )

i hope this helps.

juicin' hohn

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: August 01, 2007 04:05PM

I've never juiced Pineapple. It just seems best to chew it and spit out the pulp, swallowing some if you feel like it.....WY

Posted by: happyvegan ()
Date: August 02, 2007 05:44AM

I just had this exact same mess, but with watermelon. I ran a carrot through, which made it overflow even more, but cleared out the clog. Yum, carrot-melon juice. smiling smiley

Posted by: Kristen's Raw ()
Date: August 02, 2007 08:11AM

Wow, I never had a problem juicing pineapple with my greenstar. I've done the core and the flesh. hhhmmmmm....

Kristen Suzanne
--
www.KristensRaw.com
www.KristensRaw.blogspot.com

Posted by: ErikSkulasonUSA ()
Date: August 05, 2007 11:47PM

I just blend the pineapple in my 3+ HP BLENDER, (with all the phytochemicals unlocked from the atomized fibre), I drink the smoothie AND take advantage of ALL "good stuff".

One thing to mention:
this juice is very acid and consumed in larger amounts is irritating my mouth and stomach, not to mention that is a killer of the "good bacteria" (involved in digestion) "I grow" in my stomach.
In order to replenish my stock of bacteria I take 2 pills of probiotics instead of 1 daily (when I drink this smoothie).
If I want to enjoy the flavor, I don't mix with other fruits to make a drink. If I don't care about taste, then I balance the juice w. other less-acidic fruits.

It is known that the food's pH is better to be close to neutral - this way we don't kill the bacteria which digest the food for us, and we keep them alive and in "good shape".

Pls. excuse my English - foreigner.

=============================================================
Medicine, Food Industry and Commerce are businesses.
Is their goal to make/keep me healthy or to make more profit?
=============================================================

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: August 06, 2007 01:08AM

I've learned to stay away from Acid Fruits like Pineapple. It makes a very delicious, and creamy smoothie, but it doesn't go with my Wheatgrass Juice. I prefer the alkaline juices like celery, carrot, and watermelon rind. We shouldn't need pills if the 'balance' is right......WY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables