Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw V8 Juice
Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: August 15, 2007 08:14PM

Has anyone ever made it? My non-raw hubby requested it so I'm going to try my hand at it and see what happens.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw V8 Juice
Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: August 15, 2007 10:38PM

all ican say is that the main ingredient seems to be tomato ...and tomato is difficult and wasteful to juice from standard juicers..norwalk and k and k are the only two i would go with on that. green star does ok with the coarse screen but the screen gets clogged up rather fast. and you would have to stop and clean the screen. when the screen gets clogged the juice backs up into the feeding chute and the pulp will drain out wet when you loosen the pulp discharge knob. you could ren them through with the homogenizing screen and use the pulp and juice together or.......

you could try blending the tomatos into the juice i when all the other ingredients of the v8 recipe are juiced .....but the tricky part would be to just blend it for a few seconds.. too much blending will change the characteristics of the tomato juice by adding too many air bubbles and it just doesnt taste like what you would think it should taste like.

i think the closest you could get to v8 would be a tomaio smoothie with the other juices added for the liquid component ...which a blender requires. otherwise ...instead of adding water to get the tomtoes going you would be adding the total mix of the other juices in the v8 ingrdients list on the v8 can...blend the tomatos for a few seconds. (for smoothie)

tell him it is your own take on the v8 recipe and spice it up with a little garlic, a little jalapeno ,some basil ,some oregano etc.

who knows? ..he may like your recipe evan better.

juicin' john

Date: August 15, 2007 11:19PM

I like your idea John. After all was said and done, the comment was that it was not tomotoey enough. So I think making a tomatoe smoothie and then adding the concotion would work well. Thanks!

Posted by: Lorretta ()
Date: August 16, 2007 10:05AM

Raw V8 Juice

6 medium-sized carrots
1 small beet (wash well)
3 large tomatoes
1 bag baby spinach
1/4 head fresh cabbage
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
3 stalks celery
1/4 sweet onion
1/2 clove garlic or less if you don't care for garlic
Kale leaves (a little goes a long way so be careful)
Chili pepper to taste
Salt to taste

Run all the vegetables through your juicer, add salt to taste, and then sit back and enjoy the healthiest V-8 juice around. Tabasco sauce to taste can be substituted for the chili pepper.

Source Chet Day's website

I remember trying this about a year ago. I liked it, but must admit that i have never tried the commercial V8 juice so am unable to make a comparison.

Hope you find it useful
Lorretta

Date: August 16, 2007 03:06PM

This is actually the recipe I used. My husband wasn't impressed....and it made 8 cups. So today I'm going to get a bunch of tomatoes and make straight tomatoe juice and try adding the "V8" to it to see if that improves the taste. I'm wondering what kind of tomatoes would work best.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables