Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Just received my new 3.5hp blender
Posted by: nannie11 ()
Date: September 06, 2007 10:24PM

I just received my new Waring Extreme 3.5hp blender with the Vita Prep Container.
Wow it is really powerful. I was surprized at how quiet it is compared to my 25 year old Vita Mix that has served me well. I am really looking forward to putting it to good use with smoothies, nut butters and sauces. I just made a marinara sauce for my zuccini pasta and it really came out quite good. The only fault I can find with it is that it doesn't fit under my cabinets, but that is not something that can't be lived with. Tonight I think I will try ice cream.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Just received my new 3.5hp blender
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: September 08, 2007 02:52PM

I know you mentioned it before, but why couldn't you use the Waring container with your Waring Blender? I Googled it in Images, and see it looks like a good blender.......WY

Date: September 08, 2007 07:03PM

WY:

I could have used the waring container but I chose the Vita Prep container because it comes with a tamper which really comes in handy when doing nut butters and other things that need to be pushed down to the blade. If you look at the Blind Guru's site he does the comparison of the 3hp, 3+hp and the 3.5hp blenders and the 3+hp (Vita Prep) and the 3.5hp (Waring Extreme) were the best ones to do the job. But if you want to nut butters it works the best with the Waring/Vita Prep Container together so I chose to go that route. So far I really like the power it has and yet it is so much quieter then my old Vita Mix.

Posted by: diamond dave ()
Date: September 10, 2007 11:05PM

Hi JoAnn,

New member here to both this forum as well as eating raw. I noticed this thread and your earlier post asking for opinions on the Waring X-Treme vs. the Vitamix. I too, just bought a new 3.5hp Waring X-Treme and truly love it. Had before that (still do - it's about to go up on Ebay) a Waring Commercial blender that's 1hp and the difference is night and day! From the extra power to pulverize avocado pits to the much quieter motor it's performed flawlessly to date.

The only thing I have noticed is that with the standard issue Waring container I do seem to get a lot of air introduced in my smoothies and I'm not running the unit for minutes on end. Just for grins and to engage in my own personal experiment I've also ordered a Vitamix container and tamper. I *think* the Vitamix carafe may have more of a conical shape and not so square like the Waring container. Who knows, I could be wrong however. If anyone's interested in my opinion I'll post it once the Vitamix container is delivered.

Nice post, glad I could contribute!

David

Date: September 11, 2007 12:25PM

Hi David:

It is nice to hear from someone else who bought the Waring 3.5hp blender. I think you will love the Vita Prep container. I love having the tamper although I haven't had to use it very much yet. I am still amazed at the power this machine has and how quiet it is. My old Via Mix sounded like a freight train going through my kitchen. I have hardly used my food processor since I got my new blender. Let me know how you like your VM container when you get it.

thank you or responding to my post:

JoAnn

Date: September 11, 2007 02:50PM

I have a Vita-Prep 3 by Vita-Mix and never need my Tamper. Just put everything in the Blender (hard items on the bottom, Greens on top) and start off at low speeds. When the blending stops, meaning the blades are just spinning, kick it on High-Speed for a second or two. That will break the contents loose to finish the blending. That is if you use water. If you put everything in 'dry', you'll need a tamper......WY

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 11, 2007 07:19PM

We've bought a Waring 3HP blender 2 months ago and it performs without a flaw!
We use the standard container. Cleaning is not an issue at all, despite it's shape. I've also made peanut butter without any problems. Waring's customer service is also excellent: When our blender arrived, I've tried to remove a sticker on the jug with goo-be-gone. DON'T try this at home, it permanently marred the polycarbonate... I've called Waring's customer service and inquired how much a replacement container would be. Guess what: They've send me a replacement free of any charge! Thanks again, Melissa! To sum it up, we couldn't be happier with our purchase!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2007 07:20PM by resc.

Date: September 15, 2007 05:32PM

Ok JoAnn and All,

Just received my latest shipment from Everything Kitchens which included the VitaMix container, tamper, and VitaMix cleaning brush. I've only made two smoothies to date but I simply love the VitaMix carafe! I'm sure it's a self fulfilling prophecy but in my mind the VitaMix container does NOT seem to introduce as much air as the stock Waring unit. It also appears to do a better job of more quickly blending all my frozen fruit. Not sure if that's due to the conical shape of the VitaMix vs. the square Waring container.

I also hate to admit this to all you gals out there but here goes: At the ripe old age of "40 something" I prefer to drink my smoothies directly from the blender. And yes, my wife gives me a hard time about it! If it's any consolation, I try and not let my kids see it! Anyway, the VitaMix container is much lighter which makes it easier to lift and knock back a decent mouthful! I apologize to all as I've been doing this since making protein shakes back in my 20's when I was in to bodybuilding. Old habits...

I haven't had a chance to use the tamper yet but it looks well engineered and manufactured. Will come in handy later on today when I plan on blending some sweet potatoes. Also, the VitaMix cleaning brush while admittedly an extravagance works as advertised. I dare say anything from this product line is quality.

Finally, I did see an earlier post with some unpleasant things to say about Everything Kitchens. I'd like to mention that I've had nothing but positive dealings with them to date although I've not had to return anything. I find their prices to be the best, everything is brand new in unopened boxes, and their communication is stellar. Please note that I'm a Finance & Accounting guy for Verizon and have no ties to Everything Kitchens at all.

I just love my new Waring Xtreme and VitaMix container!

My best to all,

David

Date: September 16, 2007 12:33PM

Hi Dave and everyone:

Glad you like your new Vita-Mix Container. I new you would. It is everything that you said and more. I don't have the brush cleaner but it is on my wish list for the future. This combination of the waring extreme and the vita-mix prep container is just the best and the power is awsome. Also, you are so right about the air bubbles. There is very little with this combination.

take care and enjoy:

"Dream as if you will live forever... Live as if you'll die today"

Posted by: pradiata ()
Date: October 01, 2007 09:21PM

Hello -

I found your thread here, and am currently awaiting delivery of my very own Waring Extreme blender.

I've gone looking on the internet for info about the Vita-Mix containers, and now I just feel dizzy! There seems to be so many options. Can anyone give me specifics on which container you ordered? I looked at Everything Kitchens but they have a lot of choices there. Do all Vita-Mix containers fit the Waring XT series blenders?

Thanks!
Emily

Date: October 01, 2007 10:19PM

Emily,

I'm here for you dear! When I first started perusing the Everything Kitchens web site I too, found it overwhelming. Now, I know just where to go. I'd suggest you do one of two things. The easiest would be to call or email Everything Kitchens, tell them what Waring Xtreme you have and ask which VitaMix container will fit.

Or, you can go here and order the VitaMix Container Part #756:

[www.everythingkitchens.com]

The exact direction that I got from Everything Kitchens when I needed the same container was:

Vitamix 64 oz. / 2.0 Ltr.Polycarbonate Container with ice blade assembly and lid Part Number: 756 $148.00 and free shipping

From what I learned by emailing them, not every VitaMix carafe will fit the Waring Xtreme.

Again, I'm a Finance/Accounting exec for Verizon and have no ties to Everything Kitchens other than being a satisfied customer. Although I wish otherwise, I get no compensation or other perks for recommending them.

Believe you'll really enjoy the VitaMix container over the stock Waring unit. I use mine multiple times a day and feel that it blends things more quickly with less air.

Feel free to PM me or ask more questions here.

Hope this helps,

David

Posted by: kalechick ()
Date: October 02, 2007 04:55AM

nannie11 and David,

Where did you get your Waring X-Treme's and how much did it cost. I know from the posts that the VM container is $148.00 at Everything Kitchens.

Date: October 02, 2007 03:22PM

Kale Chick,

You sound like my kind of gal as kale is my new favorite green...

Here I go again sounding like an advert for Everything Kitchens! I bought the Waring Xtreme that has two speeds (Low & High) and a Pulse. The cost was $335 which includes shipping (it was free) and that's the best price I could find online. Find it here:

[www.everythingkitchens.com]

I just noticed when I was fetching the above link for you, the blender in question (MX1050) is not in stock but will be in a week or so. In my opinion, coupled with a VitaMix container this blender can *not* be beat.

My morning smoothie consisted of the following:

1 cup fresh orange juice
1 kiwi with skin and all
1 tsp bee pollen
1/4 cup flax seeds
1 large piece of kale, stem and all
1 large handful of baby spinach
1 stalk of celery, leaves at the top and all
1/2 frozen banana
3 frozen strawberries
1 small handful raspberry/blackberry/blueberry mix

The Waring blended the above in moments and it was as delicious as it sounds!!!!

Best of luck,

David

Posted by: kalechick ()
Date: October 02, 2007 05:54PM

David,

Thanks for the info. Kale is my favourite raw food period. You gotta try my favourite recipe that I make often. This is the site I got it from but can't find it now: [karenknowler.typepad.com]

Usually I go to youtube and type in Karen Knowler and find recipes that way. It's here:[www.youtube.com]

All her videos on youtube are here (the fried mushrooms is another divine one:

[www.youtube.com]

I see after copy and pasting that the full link isn't showing so just go to you tube and type Karen Knowler and then all her recipes pop up and scroll until you see the Kale and Avocado Salad.

Enjoy smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2007 05:57PM by kalechick.

Date: October 02, 2007 08:31PM

Thanks so much for the recipes and links! Can't wait to try them. I just love meeting all the superb people on this forum. What a treat!

I always get a kick out of the checkout person at my local Kroger when they hold up the kale. Very few know what it is. Such a shame for them!

Thanks again and good luck with your blender,

David

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2007 08:39PM by diamond dave.

Date: October 03, 2007 10:20PM

Hi everyone:

I purchased my waring extreme and my Vita Mix container from the Blind Guru and I absolutely love it. I ordered it at the end of August and received it on Sept 5th about 9 days after ordering it. I use it everyday at least 3x or more. I can't say enough about the power it has and how much quieter it is compared to my old vita mix sidewinder. I have been about 85 to 90% raw for 3 months now and I have never felt better in my life. I have lost 12 lbs and my skin is getting younger looking everyday. My husband told me the other day that I have reversed the clock and keep getting younger looking. So much that now he is trying to follow the raw life style too and he is not one to try any diet but the sad one. That is until now. This is absolutely the best lifestyle there is!

JoAnn

Dream as if you'll live forever...Live as if you'll die today!

Date: October 05, 2007 09:12PM

David -

Thanks for the help. My Waring blender is due to arrive today (apparently they tried delivering to the wrong address yesterday sad smiley ) so I guess I'll try it with the standard container for a bit until I save up to buy the VM one.

I've had the funniest time ordering this blender, first from one company who was still not able to ship it out even a month after I ordered (they had a variety of difficulties) so I cancelled there, and then from E-Kitchens where they got the street number wrong (but only by one digit!). Interestingly, I keep getting messages from different quarters to "let things come to you" and "live in the moment", so it's been a wonderful exercise in patience and waiting. Part of the journey!

Emily

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 05, 2007 09:35PM

hehe emily maybe the universe wanted to test you to seeeeee if you reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly wanted to make smoothies an stuff .. and you passed !!!

congratulations wellcome to the watering hole ! smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: October 08, 2007 09:32PM

Jodi,

I think you're such a treat! Just a wonderful person if I may go by your posts here.
smiling smiley

Emily,

Best of luck to you and I hope you enjoy the new blender. I shall raise my glass tonight and partake in a green smoothie in your honor.

Regards,

David

Date: October 09, 2007 07:25PM

Jodi and David, Thank you both!

and, Yeah! My Waring blender arrived, at last. (After the wrong address snafu one day, the UPS driver showed up the next day, looked all through his truck and couldn't find the package - figured it must have been put on another truck by mistake. He looked pretty surprised when my son and I started laughing!)

This thing is massive! And it sounds like a jet taking off. I'm having so much fun. I immediately threw in an avocado pit and it just disappeared (it wasn't a taste I was ready for last night - I'll have to try it again another time...). But my smoothie last night was so Smooth, even with all the kale ribs and flax and all. I guess I've gotten used to kind of chewy smoothies. The action is wild when you first turn it on - I had to keep my hand over the cap in the lid because a little liquid was spurting out the edges. I'll be interested to see how different it is when I save up for the VM container to go with.

Gotta go blend something else now...
Emily

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 09, 2007 07:37PM

Avocado pit? Hmmm, I didn't know those were edible and could be put in a smoothie. I just usually add the yummy fleshy yellow/green part of the avocado to my smoothies.

Date: October 10, 2007 01:22AM

Wow, this is a first everyone - I'm actually sharing something with Karen that she doesn't know!!! smiling smiley

Yes ma'am if your blender can handle it, the avocado pit is high in fiber and quite good for you. Doesn't add much in the way of flavor just so you know.

Give it a try my dear!

Emily,

Glad you finally secured the elusive blender. I just sold a 1hp commercial Waring unit that sounded like a B1 bomber. You have no idea how quiet these new 3.5hp models are! No ear plugs needed.

Yup, the blender laughs at avocado pits and the like. I toss in frozen fruit all the time and it never winks or hesitates one bit. Enjoy it in superb health!

Warm regards,

David

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 10, 2007 03:43AM

Oh, there's lots I don't know. ;-)

Thanks, David.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 10, 2007 03:50AM

haha ! thanks Diamond Dave ! =D

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: flash ()
Date: March 21, 2008 08:26PM

WY:

When you tried out the Waring blender, did you notice much difference in the amount of introduced air compared to the Vita Prep 3?

nannie11, diamond dave, resc, and pradiata:

Does your Waring Xtreme blender have only the High, Low, and Pulse controls, pre-programmed cycles, or the manual dial that WY was not happy with? If it's the first choice, how do you typically use the blender (speedwise)? How satisfied are you now that you have had the blender for a few months?

Thanks.

flash

Date: March 21, 2008 08:42PM

flash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WY:
>
> When you tried out the Waring blender, did you
> notice much difference in the amount of introduced
> air compared to the Vita Prep 3?

It was about the same. The Vita-Prep 3 might
introduce a little more air than the Waring since it has
more power. If you compared the two Blenders side-by-side,
as I did, you'd go with the Vita-Prep 3. The Waring wouldn't
even be a consideration.....WY

Posted by: flash ()
Date: March 21, 2008 10:21PM

WY:

In checking prices at Everything Kitchens, it's less for the Waring MX1050XT with a Vitamix container than for the Vita Prep 3.

Also, I'm thinking I could blend up a breakfast smoothie with the Waring container, followed by a lunch smoothie with the Vitamix cantainer so there would be less air introduced and it should last a little longer.

I have a Blendtec HP3 now and it puts too much air into the smoothie so that it's no good by lunchtime.

flash

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: April 08, 2008 09:58PM

What is the Blind Guru's URL?

Date: April 08, 2008 10:38PM

VeganLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What is the Blind Guru's URL?

[www.blindguru.com]
If you can figure out how to buy something
from the BlindGuru, you're a better man than I am. I think
you have to call him. He has one video about how the Waring XT
Blenders are more powerful than the Vita-Prep 3. I believe he
had a few pallets of those blenders he was trying to sell. I wonder
what he's saying now? Let us know if you talk to him. Frankly, I'd
find another source.....WY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables