Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Blendtec users - do you need to manually mix?
Posted by: Libra ()
Date: October 23, 2007 08:49PM

I always hear so many positive things about the tamper for the Vitamix (and Waring users who use the Vitamix carafe). I was wondering if Blendtec users find that everything blends completely on the programmed cycles or if they need to stop the blender and shift things around manually for them to blend completely.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Blendtec users - do you need to manually mix?
Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 23, 2007 08:54PM

I have a K-tec blender and I move things around and run it again.

There is a place for a tamper in the lid though, so I need to just order me one.

Posted by: Libra ()
Date: October 24, 2007 12:26AM

What? There is a place for the tamper in the lid? I thought that only the vitamix carafe has that feature? really? hmmmm.....

Do you have to move things around all the time or just if you are doing something particularly bulky? When I called Blendtec, they said you just need to pulse it to get it to move around and then it should be fine.

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 24, 2007 04:23AM

It sure looks like there is a place for a tamper in the lid. There is a circle and a hole in the middle of that circle. It looks like one of those tampers would fit. But I could be wrong.

The pulse feature might work. I guess I need to try that more. But sometimes air gets in it and the food puffs up and it seems pulsing wouldn't work then.

I am going to by a 90 ounce jar soon, which has bigger blades so that should work even better.

Posted by: rawbryan ()
Date: February 19, 2008 05:26AM

I never had to stop the blendtec and mix it ever! Of course I have 12 + years of making raw foods. I also add 1/4 cup water first, or I know how to put in ingredients a certain way so it will blend perfectly, wet ingredients first...only Vita Mix or other blenders do I have a hard time with, Blendtec is the BEST!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables