Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Lemonade fast
Posted by: cy ()
Date: October 26, 2007 02:17AM

Have anyone done the lemonade diet fast?For how long?Do you have to rest,or can you work and exercise?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lemonade fast
Posted by: ddreams76 ()
Date: October 27, 2007 03:24AM

hello. ive done it for 10 days a couple times. It very difficult in my opinion. you can work out and work. but i would just decrease the amount of energy you expend during your exercise routines. you do feel rather energetic after the first few days.

good luck

Date: October 27, 2007 03:54PM

Thanks ddreams76,I'm on my second day today.Yesterday I felt good all day but at night I got a headache that followed me until this morning,I had 32 oz warm water with 2 t salt and when I went to the bathroon I got better.I believe that all the toxins went away,at least for now. Yesterday I walk for 1/2 hour and did work. I hope I will be ok today. I will try to do this diet for 5 days,or even 10 days if everything goes well.Thanks a lot for your help.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: October 27, 2007 04:58PM

This Lemonade Fast sounds like Stanley Burroughs Master Cleanse....all the way down to the Salt Water Flush.
[en.wikipedia.org]
He added Maple Syrup (for sweetness) and Cayenne Pepper (for aggressive cleansing), but this can be modified to suit individul tastes. I like just plain Lemonade (or Grapefruit Juice)......WY

Date: October 28, 2007 03:00AM

Yes Wheatgrass Yogi,this is Burroughs's Master Cleanse lemonade fast,and he say to drink an orange just to end the fast.Great idea to have grapefruit juice fast.
Have you heard the orange fast from the gardendiet website?Does it works?

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: October 28, 2007 05:30PM

cy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Have you heard the orange fast from the gardendiet website?
No, I haven't heard of that particular Fast.
>Does it work?
Orange Fasts are very Cleansing. There are documented cases of people living on them for up to 6 months. It's not something you'd want to do for very long. I say Clean the Colon however you wish, then start having 2 Green Smoothies everyday.....WY

Date: October 29, 2007 03:53AM

Yes Wheatgrass Yogi,you are right.I'm going to start to drink green smoothie,and I was thinking in doing 3 days of green smoothie,The lemonade fast is giving me a lot of headache.Might be from the toxins,but I don't feel very well.From tomorrow on I'll start to drink green smoothies.Thanks.

Posted by: purenkind ()
Date: November 07, 2007 07:38AM

I love the master cleanse! I've done it around 8 times, always at least 14 days, once for 34 days. I will probably do it every three months for the rest of my life! I've always done it by the book in the past, but this last time I modified it a bit, just to see how I felt. For one thing I used raw agave instead of the maple syrup. I also had about 16 oz of fresh coco water a day in addition to the lemonade. When I broke the fast I went right into juicing. I had orange mango juice and coco water for the first 4 days, then moved into green juices. I felt that it was the best way I've tried so far to break the cleanse.

I'll probably do it again soon!

Date: November 08, 2007 07:51PM

Wow!! I would like to do that but I get so hungry on the 3rd day. I've never fast more than 3 days in my life,and I'd love to do that at least 1 week.With the lemonade fast I got a huge headache.Victoria Boutemko said that if you had too much sugar in your life you are going to have a 3 day headache because of the mucus.So,one day I am plainning to do the lemonade fast for more than a week and endure the 3 day headache.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: November 13, 2007 05:38PM

hey wheatgrass

what do u put in your lemonade?

i LOVE lemonade

but looking for new recipes

the one i do just has lemons and apples

have u ever tried grapes and apples?

i have not

maybe i will'

which grapes do u use?

there aren't too many seeded grapes in the stores anymore sad smiley

maybe i ought to grow my own

grapes and lemons sound so incredible

just thinking about it makes me feel radiant LOLsmiling smiley

Posted by: optimist4life ()
Date: November 17, 2007 07:10PM

For a lemonade fast, do you drink green lemonade? I am thinking of doing that as well -- today was the first time I tried the green lemonade recepie of Natalia Rose. I just bought a juicer for the first time yesterday. I loved it!!
It consisted of:
spinach
kale
apples
lemon
celery
ginger
I plan to do do that every day (Sunday-Wednesday), eat vegetarian but partake in thanksgiving, and then go back to green lemonade, green tea, and water for the weekend following thanksgiving (Friday-Sunday).

I would love to hear what exactly your lemonade fast consists of.

Date: November 17, 2007 07:53PM

Lemonade fast is:
10 oz warm water
1/2 lemon juice
2 tablespoon maple syrup
1/10 tablespoon cayenne pepper

from the book The Master Cleanser by Stanley Burroughs.

Posted by: michelle80 ()
Date: November 28, 2007 02:17PM

oi cy, tudo bem?? smiling smiley

i did the master cleanse too. my first time was back in april...10 days, plus 2 days of oj/grapefruit juice, then almost a week of raw. i absolutely loved it. i had been having serious health problems, tons of allergies...and i felt so so so much better after the cleanse. i had headaches sometimes too, and very strange dreams, but overall my energy was great.

i think part of it is being in the right mindset. i was so ready to do that cleanse, i didn't want or crave food at all while i did it.

then in july i convinced myself to do it again, and only lasted 6 days. i just wasn't really ready to commit to it.

i guess you're done with it by now...i hope it went well!

tchau!
michelle

Date: December 01, 2007 08:52PM

Hi Michelle,thanks a lot. Wow!! Great that you did it.It is very dificult because of the cravings.

How did you feel with the orange/grapefruit juice? Did you feel a lot of energy because of the sugar?I was thinking in doing an oj fast/flush but I don't know how I'd feel with the sugar content. When I was 17 I did an oj fast and felt so good,but later with the SAD diet I got hypoglicemic and now I'm scared.

Well,about the Master Cleanse,I'll continuing doing it because it is great for my sinus.In practiccally 2 days I had no sinus at all.

Thanks a lot,
Tchau !!
Cy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables