Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Does anyone here own a Waring XTreme Blender?
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: November 04, 2007 09:06PM

If you do, could you tell me what your bare motor (or Pulse) speed is as stated on the side of the box it came in. I believe I just got ripped off. It's not the first time.....WY

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does anyone here own a Waring XTreme Blender?
Posted by: nannie11 ()
Date: November 04, 2007 11:07PM

Hi WY

I bought a Waring Xtreme Blender a few months ago fromt he Blind Guru and I love

it. I just checked the side of the box it came in and mine says 45,000 rpm's.

What does yours say?

JoAnn

Posted by: Libra ()
Date: November 04, 2007 11:35PM

WY -

I just went to the Waring website. For your model, it lists the bare motor speed as 45,000 RPM and a Max pulse with 30,000 RPM burst of speed. Maybe you are looking at the pulse rather than the bare motor speed?

Date: November 05, 2007 01:01AM

Thanks Nannie and Libra...
My box reads "MAX pulse with 30,000 RPM burst of power". Nowhere does it say 45,000 RPM bare motor speed. Oh well, I'm just trying to figure out why my Waring 3.5HP (supposedly) doesn't have as much power as my Vita-Prep 3 (3.4HP). Maybe I just got a 'Lemon'. I'm not going to worry too much about it.....WY

Posted by: Libra ()
Date: November 05, 2007 03:41AM

Yeah, I'm surprised that it doesn't have the same power (or more) as the Vitaprep, especially after the push Raw Guru gave it. And the tech specs. I'm disappointed, too, because the thread about the plastic carafes and toxicity got me wanting to buy the Waring with the stainless steel carafe.

I hope someone else with a Waring (that has also used either the Vitaprep or the Blendtec) will chime in with their comments.

Posted by: baltochef ()
Date: November 05, 2007 05:22PM

WY

In every restaurant where I have worked that was equipped with Vita-Mix blenders; there were almost no complaints over the performance of the machines..

The Waring commercial blenders with the larger capacities never seemed to perform as well as the Vita-Preps when I used them..

When I went loking for a more [powerful blender to supplant my 35 year old Oster Osterizer I never considered the offerings from Waring..

I had seen the newer models in Cook's Catalog & Williams-Sonoma; & even though I was curious as to wether they could stand up to the Vita-Mix's, I elected not to risk purchasing one..

You are not the only person that I have read online that has seemed to feel that the Waring EXtreme is not as powerful as the Vita-Prep 3; even though they have virtually identical wattage & horsepower ratings..

It will be interesting to how the Waring EXtreme pans out over the next year as raw cooks put them to the test..

Bruce

Posted by: diamond dave ()
Date: November 14, 2007 11:59PM

Oh Wise Wheatgrass One,

I take off a few days and you're posting all over the place!

As you know I just bought a Waring Xtreme and VitaMix carafe and couldn't be happier. After I took delivery of the blender I too thought the horsepower and RPM weren't as advertised but instead of going back to Everything Kitchens for clarification I went straight to Waring. Bottom line is that the 1050 model that I bought (believe I have the correct model #) was the real deal. Sadly, I can't check the box for you as I used it to ship my old 1hp commercial Waring blender that I sold on Ebay!

Even better is the blender's performance. It pulverizes all manner of frozen fruits and avocado pits in mere seconds. As they say, the proof is in the green smoothie...

Great to see you back and so prolific WY!!!!

David

Date: November 15, 2007 11:25PM

diamond dave Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I take off a few days and you're posting all over
> the place! I'm excited about Blending
and Green Smoothies. I feel I've found my Way-of-Life.

> As you know I just bought a Waring Xtreme and
> VitaMix carafe and couldn't be happier. Waring
originally came out with 3HP models and upgraded to 3.5HP.
The 1050 you have is an upgrade.

>As they say, the proof is in the green smoothie...
I heard "The proof of the Pudding is in the Eating".

> Great to see you back and so prolific WY!!!!
You should post here more yourself....WY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables