Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I hate cilantro.
Posted by: cy ()
Date: November 06, 2007 08:09PM

Does anyone have a smoothie,juice recipe with cilantro that I could not feel the taste?I can't stand it.I've tried and tried,but it is stronger than me.Even the smell of it I don't like.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I hate cilantro.
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 06, 2007 08:35PM

hey cy if you dont like it dont eat it .. is there something about it that you feel you need to have it ? i cant stand it either .. the smell or taste makes me wannna hurl

i just dont use it any the receipies that call for it and i dotn feel im any worse for wear smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: November 06, 2007 09:05PM

mee three!!!

jj

Date: November 07, 2007 01:49AM

Yes,thanks Jodi and Juicin'John, I think I feel guilty because it is so good,so many vitamins,good for your body,bla,bla,bla,but I CAN"T STAND it.Even the smell makes me a kind of sick.I think my body rejects it completly.Maybe it is not good for me too because if not I would accepted it. Thanks.From now on no cilantro in my life,ever again.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: November 07, 2007 01:56PM

i LOVE cilantro

how funny smiling smiley

it has such a great taste and aftertaste

i love the fragrance of it, the texture, the taste

especially in juices

ha ha i love it that everyone is different ! smiling smiley

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: November 07, 2007 03:55PM

If you don't like it in juiced form, try it in a salad such as tabouli. I've tried it that way and it tasted pretty good. There are different raw variations of tabouli recipes available on the net.

Wishing you vibrant health

Posted by: inspirit ()
Date: November 07, 2007 11:16PM

It's a genetic thing. Depending on some nerve receptor you either love cilantro, it stinks like a stinkbug, or you can't taste it at all.

I fall into the 3rd group, I can't taste or smell cilantro at all. Cumin is in the same family as cilantro, so I can't taste or smell cumin either.

inspirit - aka coolkarma

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: November 08, 2007 12:22AM

Cilantro may be a Superfood. I'd like to grow my own the way Shazzie does. Bear with the first 4 minutes of this video and you'll see a beautiful Herb Garden......WY

[www.google.com]

Date: November 08, 2007 02:43AM

Maybe is my body that is rejecting cilantro.I'll try other superfoods like clove,dandeline,plantaine...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables