Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Green Juice -- Bloating
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 18, 2007 11:51PM

Hi All,

Recently, I've got back into the juicing. The energy kick has been amazing, I've never experienced it like this before. I cycle to work and have literally been flying along the roads.

OK, so the problem is bloating after I drink the juice. It can stay with me for most of the day, not uncomfortable, no excess wind or discomfort, just bloating.

My juice is 1/2 green apple, 1/2 lemon, copious amounts of Kale, English Spinach and Swiss Chard. On the weekend I couldn't source Swiss Chard, so I suspect the culprit is the Kale. Far as I know it's a great ingredient to use, so I'm hesitant to drop it, does anyone have the same experience and suggest a remedy? Thanks, Jason.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Green Juice -- Bloating
Posted by: happyway ()
Date: November 21, 2007 04:19AM

so I suspect the culprit is the Kale.

could be it's cabbage family, and not something you would eat much of plain

Far as I know it's a great ingredient to use, so I'm hesitant to drop it, does anyone have the same experience and suggest a remedy?

why not experiment and substitute some lettuce
kale is not the only good food in the world

Re: Green Juice -- Bloating
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: December 05, 2007 04:22AM

Are you straining your juice? Or are you drinking any foam that might come out with the juice? The foam could be the problem. When I juice Kale..it's foamy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables