Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Can't Afford Vitamix Ever Tried Magic Bullet?
Posted by: sewraw ()
Date: November 23, 2007 02:10AM

Has anyone every tried using the "Magic Bullet" product to make smoothies? Any luck? I can't afford much for a new blender and this one is on sale with the holidays. Any input you can give would be appreciated.

Patty

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can't Afford Vitamix Ever Tried Magic Bullet?
Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: November 23, 2007 09:15AM

i've never used it, but I ruled it out because the containers are so damn small! like, if you think about it you don't have to make it so high powered to blend all the ingredients in the little thingie. i think it's a bad choice though because you can't make big drinks you have to make them all small...

Posted by: fmsing40 ()
Date: December 01, 2007 05:56AM

I have a magic bullet and I love it. I couldn't drank more than the cup holds at one time. I can make each member of the family a different flavor. I make everything in mine...nuts, seeds, guacamole, salsa, smoothies. When I ate beans I would cook my beans and then put them in the magic bullet for bean soup. So good. Now they are making the bullet with a blender and juicer atachment. Does anyone have one with those attachments?

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: December 01, 2007 07:24AM

ILoveJen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i've never used it, but I ruled it out because the
> containers are so damn small! like, if you think
> about it you don't have to make it so high powered
> to blend all the ingredients in the little
> thingie. i think it's a bad choice though because
> you can't make big drinks you have to make them
> all small...

Agreed. I have no interest in it because I drink too much at once. But I was looking at the box in the store today and it was on "sale" for $59. In the same isle, I saw better regular blenders that cost LESS than that with a bigger container.

Posted by: Lorretta ()
Date: December 01, 2007 11:57AM

Before i invested in a vitamix I found the magic bullet invaluable.
It processed the greens added to a smoothie better than at least 4 well known brand 750/800w blenders that i tried out.

I have however burnt the motors out in 3 bullets over the last three years (green smoothie making). It was my fault, i just let the motor run too long!
If you process in short bursts, they work fine. Excellent for travelling.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 04, 2007 08:41AM

The majic bullet works great for smoothies. As far as size of the containers, they offer a larger size container with almost twice the capacity of the stock small one."
Anyone ordering one new from the "Infomercial" on TV can order the larger containers.If you get on their website you can order various accessories including the larger containers.s [www.buythebullet.com]

As far as using it for a JUICER, it does not seem to work so good for me in that function. I tried to follow the directions to juice. The Juice function has it's complete different set of accessories. I started out with carrots, and real soon started smelling smoke. The pulp builds up in the main chamber that the food is put into and that impacts everything so it loads down the motor, gets very little juice out. The pulp is very wet, so it seems not to be extracting the juice from the pulp.
There are two blades with the unit. I have tried both the flatter one, and the one that arch's up a bit. Same results for both.
So in less I am still doing it wrong, the Juicing function is a bit of a bust for me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables