Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Spiral Slicers
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 28, 2007 04:05PM

I'm looking into buying a spiral slicer. The one that has been mentioned in the Raw Food books I have been reading is the Saladacco, but it has low ratings online. Some seem to like it and others said it was plastic, broke after a few uses and it would be better to go with a better quality slicer. This will be used often in my home. Anyone here have a Spiral slicer that is great, sturdy and they would recommend?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Spiral Slicers
Posted by: pradiata ()
Date: November 28, 2007 08:19PM

I have a Turning Slicer by Benriner that I really enjoy. It hold the veggies horizontally instead of vertically, which seemed odd to me at first, but it works really well.

Here's the one I have (I didn't buy it from this company and never heard of them before this search - this was just an informative page. I bought mine locally):
[www.mingspantry.com]

It's much pricier than the Saladacco, but I like the feel of it. It's made in Japan instead of China like so many plastics are these days (I'm just feeling uneasy about quality control in Chinese factories these days, so that mattered to me.)

Hope this helps,
Emily

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 28, 2007 08:53PM

Thank you for the site. I had been researching for slicers the last 2 days and never seen that one. It's always nice to hear from someone who uses the product.

Posted by: baltochef ()
Date: November 28, 2007 11:34PM

Sakti

Benriner makes two models of turning slicers..

One is vertical & the other is horizontal..

The horizontal model costs approximately $15-20 more then does the vertical model..

I have both; inherited the vertical after purchasing the horizontal..

I also own & use a Bron mandoline..

I prefer the horozontal as I believe it is slightly better designed & constructed..

The blades of the horizontal slicer are thicker & the prongs of the julienne blades are more resistant to bending & deforming..

All mandoline & turning slicer julienne blades tend to deform & bend (even the $200 Bron!!) due to the great amounts of pressure being applied to the blades in order to force foods through said blades..

Both will do the job..

Bruce

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables