Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

First time buying a juicer. Help please
Posted by: dinesh75 ()
Date: December 01, 2007 11:51PM

Hey guys,

While googling for juicer reviews, I came across this forum. Very interesting. I am a born vegeterian, bordering on vegan (have honey in my tea).

I eat plenty of raw veggies, want to do more, hence the juicer idea. I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond and checked out three juicers there.

a) Breville Die-Cast Juice Fountain Elite
b) Breville Juice Fountain Plus
c) Breville Ikon Multi-Speed Juice Fountain

I did not see any difference between the plus and the elite models except for the wattage and the steel vs plastic casing. Is that difference worth paying $150 more? How is the ikon? I do not mind paying $300 (I do have the 20% off coupon) for the elite model, but it should be for a feature I want. Which model would you guys recommend? What about other companies, such as omega?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: First time buying a juicer. Help please
Posted by: cy ()
Date: December 02, 2007 01:10AM

Have you check ebay?They have it there.

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: December 05, 2007 04:44AM

Hey. Welcome to the forum.

Before you possibly waste your money on something in a store, read over this website. Basically has everything you need to know about them and what the differences are. It's all about the little things like what you want to juice, how easy you want it to clean, how much nutrients you want out of it, etc.
[www.discountjuicers.com]

Here's there comparison chart:
[www.discountjuicers.com]

If you can spend $300'ish.. well most people here use the GreenStar which is around there. Or Solo Star. Their website is www.tribest.com which has videos of them on it. Best for doing leafy greens.

Don't let the prices scare you..they're not the cheapest website to buy from. The cheapest websites to get them from are VitalityPlus1.com and 2-life.com Sometimes you can find good deals on Ebay too.

Posted by: cy ()
Date: December 05, 2007 03:01PM

I have the champion juicer and I'm happy with it,but I just bought the simplest breville just to make myself a fast juice evry morning and it works very well.

Posted by: dinesh75 ()
Date: December 05, 2007 04:56PM

Thanks guys.

Thanks for very specific and helpful comments Likeitornot. I am not in a hurry and I shall go through the website to make an informed decision.

Thanks again.

Posted by: Galileo ()
Date: December 11, 2007 11:02PM

The driving force behind a juicer is the motor.

Small low powered motors are cheaper than high power motors.

Electrical power is measured in Watts. A 300 Watt juicer will be cheaper than a 1000 Watt juicer.

If you plan on only a little juicing a low powered juicer may be all you need. If you plan on heavy juicing a larger motor will last longer and get more juice out of you produce so it will be cheaper in the long run.

In the end you get what you pay for.

Galileo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables