Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

So do any of these high powered blenders have GLASS jars?
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: December 05, 2007 04:16AM

I was just looking at blenders on everythingkitchens and what's with all these high powered ones and the cheapy, plastic jars that come with it.. For $300+ I'd want GLASS.
I don't want steel either. I want to see what I'm blending.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: So do any of these high powered blenders have GLASS jars?
Posted by: baltochef ()
Date: December 05, 2007 04:14PM

LikeItOrNot

High-powered blenders are designed for commercial restaurants, juice bars, & caterers who overwhelmingly do not want glass carafes for safety reasons..

In a busy commercial environment the probability of a glass carafe being broken is so great that manufacturers stopped using glass decades ago for all blenders not destined for home use..

Manufacturing a plastic carafe costs much less & is quicker & easier then making one out of glass..

Over the past decade or so home blenders have started to come equipped with plastic carafes as well, mainly to avoid breakage during shipping..

For raw foodists, putting things like avocado pits into a glass carafe would put substantial amounts of stress onto the sides of the carafe as the pit bounced off the glass as it was being broken down into smaller & smaller pieces..

We can wish for glass carafes for Vita-Mix, Blend Tec, Waring, & any other similar blenders that might come along; but the likeliehood of any manufacturer actually offering one for sale is, in my opinion as a pro chef, very unlikely..

Bruce

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: December 07, 2007 04:12PM

Vita-Mix has just come out with new Copolyester containers from Eastman Chemical Co. called "Tritan". It's safer because this new plastic doesn't break-down until a much higher temperature is reached as compaired to the old Polycarbonate containers. I'm using their new 48-ounce container and am very pleased. It's square and the contents 'bounce' off the walls and is pulled down into the blades for a better mix......WY
[www.vitamix.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 19, 2007 12:05AM

Wheatgrass Yogi,

How much did the new Tritan Vita-Mix carafe cost you and are you using it on your old Vita-pro?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables