Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Buying a blender!
Posted by: Rawmichelle ()
Date: December 05, 2007 10:55PM

Hello, i am in the market for a new blender! Unfortunately, i am very short on funds so my question is: can anybody recommend a low to mid priced blender basically to make green smoothies, raw puddings, and some other easy recipes! Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Rawmichelle

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buying a blender!
Posted by: baltochef ()
Date: December 08, 2007 03:36PM

Rawmichelle

Look for a used Oster Osterizer blender at flea markets, yard sales, thrift stores, etc..

As long as you do not overload the motor by putting too many hard-to-chop ingredients into the carafe before turning on the blender; & as long as there are sufficient liquids with the ingredients to allow them to move about the carafe efficiently, they will perform most tasks that a more powerful blender will..

The blades & the glass carafe are very well designed, blend better than many modern home blenders; & due to the removable bottom that screws off they are extrordinairily easy to clean..

Should be able to pick one up for approx. $20.00 or so..

Bruce

Re: Buying a blender!
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: December 08, 2007 04:42PM

eBay has a good selection of Blenders. There are some vintage Vita-Mix with stainless steel containers at good prices. Those old blenders had a Reverse switch....no need for a Tamper back then.....WY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables