Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Global Juice Feast 2008
Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: December 15, 2007 08:46AM

Anyone else going for this in March? 92 Days

[www.globaljuicefeast.com]

I am going to do some in Jan also..may end up carrying on.

Its all the supplements that are mind boggling me right now!!

But up for the juice smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Global Juice Feast 2008
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: December 15, 2007 11:08AM

rawdanceruk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Its all the supplements that are mind boggling me
> right now!!
> But up for the juice smiling smiley You could always
modify the program to suit your own needs and
beliefs. It might be Fun to be part of a world-
wide effort of 92 days. Lots of positive Energy
would be flowing.....WY

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: December 15, 2007 07:22PM

in my humble opinion ....

a 92 day juice fast in most cases is sheer luncacy and anyone who would recommend such a thing publicly is not being considerate of the possibilities of harm which this may inflict on their fellow humans who either do not take well to such an extreme exercise or who may have conflicting health issues.

in the case of fasting one size does not fit all and to create a public spectacle of it is in my opinion of a wrong spiritual origin.

sounds like an ego trip based foolishness to me....if you are severly overweight, you may be attracted to such a bizarre idea but i would recommend a more ration approach to your healing. perhaps a seies of 1 week fasting episodes with dextox cleansing measures and specific herbs could be a more rational perspective for considering the above idea.

just my opinion....

jj

Date: December 16, 2007 09:19AM

Which part is it that you find problematic

The 92 days or the fact that its global ?

I most likely will start January.. but curious now as to why such a wise person like yourself thinks it negative

Would very much like your opions/guidance

Thanks

Date: December 17, 2007 01:53AM

the 92 day period is what i personally think is extremely unpractical for a balanced approach to the highly efficacious modality of juice fasting. taken out of its original context, as a periodically applied method of "internal housekeeping", i find the extended version possibly dangerous to those paticular physical typea who are not ready or "wired" for such an extreme approach. mostly....(one size dont fit all).

global...what difference does that make? with internet its all global.

best of health to you,

jj

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 17, 2007 08:34PM

The 92 days are not a Juice "Fast". They are a Juice "Feast".

Took me awhile to appreciate the difference since I'm so used to reading about various Juice Fasts.

In a Juice Feast you drink 4 quarts a day of homemade juice along with a few suppliments like Hemp Oil (for essential fats) and Spirulina powder. The idea is that you can get all the nutrition you need with this much juice as long as most of it is green juice. In fact, they recommend that your juice include one full bunch of celery and 2 pounds of leafy greens a day.

So it's not really a fast at all. Rather it's a carefully constructed juice only diet. The body will have to adjust to a juice only diet but it won't be starved of nutrients.

Date: December 17, 2007 10:15PM

well if you say so....

but i would still have to clasify it as an extreme measure. perhaps seriously overweight people may do well with it. myself i would rather do 7-10 days 9 times a year.

good luck,

jj

Date: December 18, 2007 08:16PM

i am looking forward to hearing from those who decide to do the 92 day juice fast. evan though i personally find it on the extreme side at this time, ia m definitely openminded and curious evan...as to how it works out for those who decide to give it a go.

please keep us posted!!

juicin' john

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 18, 2007 08:28PM

92 days is way too much. If you want to bring people into a new way of life, you need to start slow, a 7 days will be a good start.

Date: December 23, 2007 07:08AM

I am not new to raw or fasting.. so.. guess I come into the "wired" category!!.. quite happy with juice only most days.. just want to notch things up a gear. New year new start and all

Not overweight ..and healed of crohns

so want to go for it!

Will report how it goes!

Posted by: stylestacey ()
Date: January 25, 2008 02:36AM

i'm gonna do it .....weeeee

has anyone subscribed to the website? is it helpful?

I bought angela stokes book and did not find it very useful, I was hoping for recipes of juices that don't spike your blood sugars, and different mixtures for different effects etc...nope none of this just her personal experience and stuff like bring a toothbrush.

Posted by: LaPieta ()
Date: January 26, 2008 07:53PM

Rawdanceruk,
Interesting that you healed your Crohns. I have it too. I'd be interested in hearing exactly what your diet/fasting/lifestyle consisted of.

LaPieta

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables