Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Juicing & then
Posted by: lorddimples ()
Date: December 23, 2007 08:29PM

I've been juicing for 3 years now & have always discarded the fiber. I rejuice the fiber when it's a bit soggy but have never thought of using it. Primarily since I don't have any recipes for it's use for burger for example.

Well..
I added 16 oz of water in order get more juice but this makes a mess of things. I've put it through a sieve but i have to squeeze it all through to get the water out. It's too much work & i'm not sure if it's worth it. Maybe using a cheesecloth next time.

Any thoughts or experiences.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Juicing & then
Posted by: sewraw ()
Date: December 23, 2007 09:22PM

I don't have a large amount of experience with juicing but the little I have done here is what I have done with some of the pulp:

1) use carrots/peppers/cuke pulp to make raw "burgers" or loaf
2) use fruit pulp in a smoothie
3) freeze fruit pulp and eat as it is as a "sorbet"
4) use fruit pulp to sweeten homemade energy bars (like Lara bars, etc)
5) I also save the carrot pulp (which is rather dry) for my salads

I hope this helps.

Patty

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: December 24, 2007 05:29AM

You can also use the green left over from juicing in your smoothies, as in the green smoothies. If I make a veggie soup I add a couple T of the green pulp also to the soup broth. You can do that with raw soups also, or ones you just warm up to under 118 degrees.

I put a lot of it into my garden as compost also. You could try just using a blender next time when juicing, and adding some water to that blender with the veggies, then strain it and drink that as it's very full of fiber. It worked on unplugging part of my upper large colon.

I think using a new clean womans nylon stocking would work and also of course cheesecloth. I used my regular strainer and it kept a lot of the tiny particles.

Maybe mix it with banana and freeze it to make green sorbet?

Love,
Prism

Posted by: lorddimples ()
Date: December 24, 2007 01:59PM

Wow. Those are very good options. Thanks alot guys.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables