Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

First time juicer, suggestions
Posted by: dinesh75 ()
Date: December 27, 2007 03:38PM

Hey guys,

I bought a Breville juice fountain elite last weekend. Have juiced carrots, apples, oranges, celery and beets so far. The juicer seems good and not noisy.

Now I want to maximize my health benefits. So am open to juicing any veggies. Please let me know of any tips about diet changes etc so that I live to be 200 smiling smiley.

Aside, I am planning to make a few cocktails with fresh fruit juice too smiling smiley. That is just for some sinful indulgence.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: First time juicer, suggestions
Posted by: cy ()
Date: December 28, 2007 05:38AM

I have a Breville juicer too and I juice every morning.
Today: orange,celery,kale,lemon,pear,cucumber,ginger.
or apple,pear,kale,spinach,any sprouts,lemon.
or pear,lemon,celery,watercress,cucumber.
or romaine lettuce,lemon,pear.
or carrots and lemon,ginger.

I did all of them and I liked all of those recipes. Good luck!!!
I will start juicing tomatoes too,but I don't know yet if it is taste.

Posted by: sewraw ()
Date: December 28, 2007 10:07AM

I have to share that my BFF (okay, my really, really, really good friend) bought me a Breville Professional Elite Juice Fountain for Christmas. This thing is amazing. I already had the Champion juicer and it is good but this Breville sounds like a jet engine taking off. I, too, cannot believe how quiet it is.

I am juicing whatever I can when I can. The book has some great recipes to start and there are many other books on juicing out there that you can get at the library, etc on juicing.

I just made an amazing pineapple, tangerine, pear juice. The pear was just enough to temper the acidity of the citrus fruits.

Have fun.

Patty

Posted by: cy ()
Date: December 29, 2007 02:00AM

Sewraw,thanks a lot,your juice is amazing.I didn't have the tangerine then I did it with pineapple,orange,and pear and my husband and I had a blast.

Posted by: mrdc ()
Date: December 31, 2007 10:17PM

seraw

I'm confused, you said

" bought me a Breville Professional Elite Juice Fountain for Christmas. This thing is amazing. I already had the Champion juicer and it is good but this Breville sounds like a jet engine taking off. I, too, cannot believe how quiet it is. "

so is the breville quiet or loud?

dc

Posted by: sewraw ()
Date: January 02, 2008 11:56PM

I guess that would be confusing - sorry. It is quiet but you can hear the power. When I turn it on it reminds me of an engine firing up - first slowly and then it gets faster until max speed. When I stop it, it goes in reverse. It is rather impressive to hear.

Patty

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 03, 2008 03:47PM

I am new to this website and would like to know is it better to juice or blend your fruits and/or vegetables. I know what the difference is, is one better than the other or is it your preference. I have the Champion juicer which is about 10 -15 yrs. old, have not juiced for a while and would like to start again, is the Breville a better one? Also any suggestions of a good juicing book?

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: January 04, 2008 10:00PM

The Brevillie is loud..but I love it!!

Celery and apple is fab

also Lettuce with any berry I find works well, can substitute for greens and berries..Lush!

Adding more greens is always good..the possibilites are endless smiling smiley

elphie your Champion should do you very well! ..look around for some juice recipies-- or check out Gone raw -- its full of lovely ideas smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables