Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Could anyone help me to choose one of those wheatgrass juicer?
Posted by: cy ()
Date: January 08, 2008 07:43PM

I saw them on Amazon.com . The question is that that is one for $27.39 + shipping that is cast iron.It is safe? And stainless steel? and another one that is plastic?
Does anyone have a good wheatgrass juicer,but cheaper,that I could afford,that is good and safe? Could you help me with that?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Could anyone help me to choose one of those wheatgrass juicer?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 16, 2008 01:45AM

Can you really get a wheatgrass juicer this cheap? I thought they were like $400 or something?!!! What's the name of this one?

Tracey Mouse

Date: January 17, 2008 12:45AM

[www.amazon.com]

They have many wheatgrass juicers at Amazon.com,but I'm not sure which one is the best one,and also the material is very important.I don't know if cast iron is a good thing to have because maybe you get a lot of iron with the juice and it is not good at all.I believe the stainless steel is the best,but the plastic one is cheaper.I don't know.For now I'm strainning my wheatgrass with my nut bag.I blend it and strain it.I have to decide the juicer and start to save to buy it.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: January 17, 2008 02:46AM

I'd suggest that anyone new to Wheatgrass Juice start out with a cheap manual juicer. Then if they decide it's not for them, not much is lost. I used a stainless-steel Back-to-Basics (under $100) for years before I bought an electric juicer.....WY

Posted by: frances ()
Date: January 17, 2008 03:41PM

I just ordered the Hurricane Stainless Steel Juicer ($105+S&H) yesterday. I ordered it to replace my first juicer, the HealthyJuicer Manual ($50). I didn't find the manual juicing to be any trouble, so I chose another manual one this time. The HealthyJuicer's mostly plastic construction was the problem for me. The auger (mostly plastic with a metal tip) developed small cracks around the seam between the metal and the plastic. It still works, but leaves so much juice in the pulp now that I can't justify the inefficiency. I'll post my experiences with the Hurricane Juicer once I receive it.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 27, 2008 04:17AM

Did you get your Hurricane Juicer yet? I am waiting to hear your experience with it as I was considering getting one.
Thanks,
Vince

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: January 27, 2008 09:19PM

one thing to keep in mind:

there are handcranks which can be upfraded to electric such as the z star...

if you are considering eventually goint to electric.

healthy juicing,

juicin' john

Posted by: frances ()
Date: February 02, 2008 05:32PM

Hey, I finally got my testing done on the Hurricane SS Wheatgrass Juicer. I'm a visual person and took lots of pictures and posted them along with my comments:

[frances-bea.livejournal.com]

Date: February 03, 2008 12:37AM

WOW Frances !!! Thanks a lot !!! Very interesting!!!

Posted by: selfpete ()
Date: June 07, 2008 04:39PM

i ordered the healthy juicer for $50 - mixed reviews, some say you sometimes have to run the pulp through twice, but i'm a newbie, so wanted to try stuff first before I spent hundreds on a good juicer - i've got my eye on the omega tongue sticking out smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables