Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Jack Lalanne's Healthmaster 100
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 14, 2008 07:41PM

Has anybody bought the Healthmaster 100? It is really comparable to a Vita-mix 5000? I am on the verge of buying a Vita-mix but if I can get by with the less expensive I will.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jack Lalanne's Healthmaster 100
Posted by: Avocadess ()
Date: January 17, 2008 05:14PM

I just experienced one of LaLane's blenders in a raw cooking class and I was AMAZED at how well it kept up with the Vita-Mix and KTech. I would definitely go for the LaLane blender if I needed to buy another blender just to save the cash.

Date: January 20, 2008 07:13AM

I posted a positive review for the Healthmaster 100 about three months ago. Unfortunately, after almost daily use making green smoothies since I purchased it back in September, the carafe started to leak a few days ago. Reading the reviews for it here in the Marketplace section indicated similar failures in the past few months. The motor has a 100 year warranty but all other parts are only 60 days so I'm outta luck. It's too bad because it's been a real workhorse.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: January 20, 2008 03:07PM

I hate to tell you 'I told you so', but Quality is long remembered after Price has been forgotten......WY

Date: January 22, 2008 07:03AM

Wheatgrass Yogi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hate to tell you 'I told you so', but Quality is
> long remembered after Price has been
> forgotten......WY

true dat... it worked so well while it lasted... sigh.
hopefully the manufacturers aren't scamming off of Jack's reputation as a healthy lifestyle pioneer -- we'll see.
I bit the bullet yesterday and ordered a Vita Prep 3, me thinks my green smoothie future will be a lot smoother in the years ahead.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: January 22, 2008 12:43PM

nori Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I bit the bullet yesterday and ordered a Vita Prep
> 3, me thinks my green smoothie future will be a
> lot smoother in the years ahead.

Excellent decision!! I hear the Angels
singing in Heaven.....WY

Date: March 06, 2008 11:07PM

I took the recommendations of people of this forum and purchased the Vita Mix. However, the recipes on the infomerical for Jack LaLanne's Health Master look good so I was wondering if anyone would who's no longer using their Health Master would like to sell their recipe book.

Re: Jack Lalanne's Healthmaster 100 LEAKS !
Date: March 19, 2008 10:55PM

I bought this blender 4 Months ago Brand New and use it about 2x a week making Green Raw food smoothies. The Motor is excellent and is very comparable to a VITA MIX, it has all the Power you will ever need is WAY WAY beyond anything else in its price Range.

However, The Pitcher has only a 60 day warranty. Guess what Happens from about 3 months of Moderate Use ? YES, the Pitcher starts to Leak ! My guess is the company fully knew it made a faulty pitcher because why else would they only offer such a short warranty when the motor is 10 yr warranty ? the answer is obvious.

You will find that this is typical and happens to Most 100s. The Motor is excellent for sure, but the Pitcher is DEFINITELY defective

Date: March 22, 2008 11:42AM

I saw the advice given here and bought a Vita Mix instead. However, I loved the recipes shown on the show and would to get a copy of Jack LaLanne's recipe book. Does anyone have one that they would be willing to sell?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables