Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Grinding then using a press
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 29, 2008 08:50AM

HELP!!!!

I was fixing to buy the Commercial Champion (used as a grinder) and a Welles People Press. Then I saw the Blindguru video, blending the veggies, then juicing/squeezing from there.

I am so lost, my wife may Start the Gerson, I want what is best, I though blending up the veggies, especially at such a high speed, could damage them cell membranes ( I think), etc...

Anyone have any experience here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Grinding then using a press
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: January 29, 2008 12:47PM

I've owned and used a Norwalk Press. It was a lot of work and the juice tasted funny after being squeezed through the Plastic Bag. Also, the Triturator (Grinder) always gave me problems.
Blending and then Squeezing is 'out' too, because of the mesh bag. Plus, it makes one big Mess.
I'd do it a different way, if I were you......WY

Re: Grinding then using a press
Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: January 29, 2008 10:17PM

greenstar is your best way of doing the gerson.

it juices at a low rpm and does both carrots and apples....and the green juices
very well.

it is easy to use and easy to clean once you get familiar with it.

the apple carrot must be made in a special way:

using the grinding blank from the accessorie parts, grind the carrots and apples together into a bowl and let them "meld" together for about 10 or 15 minutes and then change the grinding blank to the fine screen juicing blank and
patiently spoon it into the feeding chute and you will get a very nice tasting juice done specifically to the gerson specifications. gerson therapy contends that the calcium is release fromthe carrots by the action of the malic acid in the apples.

you could achieve the same results with the welles press but you actually can do the gerson therapy with the greenstar juicer by itself.

also...buy the greenstar 2000 since it comes with a fine mesh strainer which will remove any pulp which may enter through the juicing process. very little pulp ever enters the juice with the greenstar but the gerson therapy specifys no pulp whatsover in the juices so that a total maximum assimilation can take place. pulp tends to slow it down.

no machine does green juices like the greenstar...it is one powerful workhorse of a juicer!

hope that helps out.

juicin' john

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables