Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

A funny story
Posted by: angie1 ()
Date: January 31, 2008 03:23PM

I used to absolutely HATE melons. In fact, I called them, "Ick-ons." When my dh was cutting them up and trying to get me to eat them I would gag after taking a bite. I hate the texture, I hate the combo of crunchy and juicy at the same time. BLEH. My dad swears I am not his, because I do not like "Ickons." Well nonetheless I have received a lot of abuse for my dislike of such a loved fruit. Then my dh got the bright idea to blend a honeydew melon in the Vitamix and forced me to try this icky "Ickon" drink. He chased me throughout the house with this glass until I finally got backed into a corner. He HAS been good about trying all my weird raw creations, he reminded me, so I began to sip the "Ickon" drink. But oh my God - was this a totally different experience!!! I ended up stealing the drink, and it was HIM chasing ME throughout the house so he could have HIS drink BACK!! (Mission failed - I drank the whole thing!!! LOL)

MELONS are AMAZING blended !!!!!! It totally deals with the disgusting texture for me and has now become my most favorite food. I LOVE MELONS!!!!!! (Blended, though!)

Angie

Me (30), Joseph (24 mo.) Jeremiah (4 mo.)

We are enjoying spring and being outside!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A funny story
Posted by: ksandberg2002 ()
Date: January 31, 2008 07:24PM

Angie1 -

Are you adding anything besides melon...like water?

Thanks!

Kim

Posted by: blackfoot98 ()
Date: February 01, 2008 03:43PM

Good for you for trying it. It just goes to show that you can't say you HATE anything, you just might not like the way it's prepared. When I was younger, I hated spinach, but it was because I always just had it from the can, Yuck! But now I love it, (fresh of course). I encourage everybody to try a food several different ways before saying they HATE it. I'm sure there's a way you'll like it.

Posted by: angie1 ()
Date: February 01, 2008 03:58PM

I do add about 1/2 cup of water - just enough to cover the blades and kind of get it going.

Me (30), Joseph (24 mo.) Jeremiah (4 mo.)

We are enjoying spring and being outside!!!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 02, 2008 01:22AM

hey angie that is HILARIOUS!!!

i love persian melons when they are ripe so sweet and juicy
tastes like candy

tastes better than candy of course

i can't believe anything tastes that good

the texture to me is like a soft juicy custard cake

so delectable

interesting how different everyone is

when i was six years old i used to hate apples and oranges

now i eat the all the time

i think it was because the apples that were store bought, covered in wax and grown on cardboard soil tasted like cardboard to me

so no wonder i didn't like them

but now i love them ( well... when they are grown on good soil.. .u can taste the difference)

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: February 02, 2008 05:00PM

beautiful!!!!

my husband was the melon hater-
but he couldn't resist the beautiful colors of my honeydew and cantaloupe juice.

ah melons

i miss them so

some days they are all i desire

glad you finally understood some of their magic

peace-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables