Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Blender and Juicer ?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 03, 2008 02:37AM

I've been reading on this forum for a few days and searching websites for information with what started out on a juicing journey.

Now I'm reading about blending smoothies.

I would like to see if this lifestyle of eating would benefit my health.

My first looking and thinking was I'd juice carrots since I really like the carrot juice I've tried in the market. Then, the more I read and followed various links I'm also seeing a huge benefit to blending greens and drinking "smoothies".

I have a Bosch blender, so for now that should do some of what I need, but I'm wondering if a person also could use a juicer; if not, how are you getting the fruits and veggies that are more textured, to juice and not like your eating a drink/smoothie?

thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Blender and Juicer ?
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: February 03, 2008 02:56AM

I'd say not to buy a juicer right away, but start having Blended meals with your Bosch. Let us know what you tried and how you liked it. You may want
to try some juicing later.
A good book is Victoria Boutenko's "Green for Life". She includes a lot
of Green Smoothie recipes........WY

Re: Blender and Juicer ?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 03, 2008 03:04AM

thanks for the reply... I just received the Green For Life book yesterday and read through it!

How would you get carrot juice? without a juicer?

I think of my Bosch as similar in power to the Vita Mixer; except I realize the VitaMixer can get ingredients hot..... but years ago, I had a vitamixer, (maybe when the number was a 3600 (don't remember); I just know I returned it and wen to Bosch.

I love carrot juice and the little pint container is at least $2.50 if not upwards of $3.99.

I guess I don't realize that all these veggies and fruits will liquify. thanks for any comments.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables